"What do they really eat?"
|In Movie Theaters:||Friday, August 20, 2010 in 2,470 theaters|
|On Blu-ray & DVD:||Tuesday, January 11, 2011|
Released; Now Available Buy or Rent Availability
|Companies:||The Weinstein Company & 2 more|
|Rating:||for sequences of strong bloody horror violence and gore, graphic nudity, sexual content, language and some drug use.|
|Runtime:||1 hour, 29 minutes|
From acclaimed director Alexandre Aja ("The Hills Have Eyes") comes the new action thriller "Piranha 3D", in the latest eye-popping 3D technology. A new type of terror is about to be cut loose on beautiful Lake Victoria. After a sudden underwater tremor sets free scores of the prehistoric man-eating fish, an unlikely group of strangers must band together to stop themselves from becoming fish food for the area's new razor-toothed residents. But our heroine (Elisabeth Shue) is seriously outnumbered, and with only one chance to save the lake and her family from totally being devoured, she must risk everything to destroy the aquatic carnivores herself.
Remake of the 1978 film.
Questions & Answers:
3.86 out of 5 stars (602 users) Add Review
Production Updates (45)
- From Wed., May 4, 2011 to Thu., January 12, 2006
- The Hollywood Reporter Wed., May 4, 2011
- added Paul Scheer to the credits
- YouTube Sat., January 22, 2011
- added Home Entertainment Trailer to trailers & videos
- Deadline Tue., October 19, 2010
- set the production budget to $20,000,000
- Movie Insider Tue., October 19, 2010
- added the US Blu-ray release date of January 11, 2011
- added the US DVD release date of January 11, 2011
- Facebook - Facebook: Piranha 3D France Sun., August 15, 2010
- added photos to the gallery