No Poster Available
Development: Scripting, budgeting, casting, planning as of March 27, 2015. Sony Pictures has secured rights and hopes to move quickly into production on the live-action feature. Have an update? Send it in!
|In Movie Theaters:||To Be Announced (TBA)|
|Companies:||Sony Pictures & 6 more|
When an alien spacecraft crashes in the South Pacific, the people of Earth develop giant robots from the alien technology in order to fend off a wave of alien invasions.Takes place at a time when Earth has developed giant robots from the technology on an alien spacecraft that crashed on a South Pacific isle. Mankind is forced to use the technology to fend off three successive waves of alien invasions. The first invasion centers on a battle with a race of giant warriors who seek to retrieve their flagship's energy source known as "protoculture," and the planet's hope for survival ends up in the hands of two young pilots.
Based on the 1980's anime cartoon series from Harmony Gold USA and Tatsunoko Productions.
The project has major franchise potential -- on the scale of Transformers -- and has been in development at the studio since 2007.
Described as Independence Day meets Star Wars.
Questions & Answers:
Production Updates (26)
- From 4 days ago to Sun., June 22, 2008
- Variety 4 days ago
- changed the status of Frank Agrama to Current
- changed the production status to Development
- added Sony Pictures as a distributor
- changed the status of Warner Bros. Pictures to Former
- Movie Insider Sun., February 8, 2015
- added Mark Canton as producer to credits
- added Gianni Nunnari as producer to credits
- added Michael Gordon as screenwriter to credits
- changed the status of Matt Reilly to Former
- changed the status of Matt Milan to Former
Dope Theatrical Trailer
The Forger Theatrical Trailer
War Room Theatrical Teaser
Southpaw Theatrical Trailer
No Escape Theatrical Trailer