No Poster Available
Post-Production: Filming completed; editing sound, music and effects as of April 25, 2013. Film has been acquired by Focus Features for domestic theatrical release in the second half of 2013. Have an update? Send it in!
|In Movie Theaters:||TBA, 2013|
Jennifer Garner . . . Dr. Eve Saks
|Companies:||Focus Features & 4 more|
In 1986, Ron Woodroof, a tough Texas electrician, is diagnosed with AIDS and is given six months to live. Frustrated with the lack of available medical options and unwilling to accept a death sentence, Woodroof finds a lifeline using alternative drugs and creates a lucrative smuggling business that makes the drugs available to AIDS patients. Woodroof dies in 1992.
Based on a true story.
Jared Leto would play a flamboyant cross-dresser with HIV who helps Woodroof. At one point, Gael Garcia Bernal circled the role but never reached the dealmaking stage.
Questions & Answers:
Production Updates (27)
- From Thu., April 25, 2013 to Sat., June 7, 2008
- Focusfeatures.com Thu., April 25, 2013
- added Truth Entertainment as a production company
- changed the production status to Post-Production
- Deadline Tue., April 23, 2013
- added Focus Features as a distributor
- The Hollywood Reporter Wed., November 7, 2012
- changed the status of Gael García Bernal to Formerly In Talks
- added Jared Leto as Actor to the credits
- Deadline Wed., October 31, 2012
- changed the US film release date from TBA to TBA 2013
- changed the production status to Production