Crime has a new enemy.
|In Movie Theaters:||Wednesday, February 12, 2014 Nationwide |
Released; Now Playing Get Showtimes
|Joel Kinnaman . . . Robocop|
Jackie Earle Haley . . . Maddox
Gary Oldman . . . Norton
Samuel L. Jackson
|Companies:||Sony Pictures & 4 more|
|Rating:||for intense sequences of action including frenetic gun violence throughout, brief strong language, sensuality and some drug material.|
In RoboCop, the year is 2028 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Overseas, their drones have been used by the military for years – and it’s meant billions for OmniCorp’s bottom line. Now OmniCorp wants to bring their controversial technology to the home front, and they see a golden opportunity to do it. When Alex Murphy (Joel Kinnaman) – a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit – is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp sees their chance for a part-man, part-robot police officer. OmniCorp envisions a RoboCop in every city and even more billions for their shareholders, but they never counted on one thing: there is still a man inside the machine pursuing justice.
View All Plots (3)official version from trailers.apple.com
In this re-envisioning of the 1987 classic movie, the year is 2041 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front.
Questions & Answers:
3.84 out of 5 stars (85 users) Add Review
Production Updates (64)
- From Sat., June 7, 2014 to Thu., July 24, 2008
- Amazon Sat., June 7, 2014
- added the US soundtrack release date of February 4, 2014
- Sony Pictures Sun., December 29, 2013
- added photos to the film's gallery
- Filmratings.com Wed., December 11, 2013
- set the MPAA rating to PG-13 for intense sequences of action including frenetic gun violence throughout, brief strong language, sensuality and some drug material
- changed the production status to Complete
- Sony Pictures Sat., November 23, 2013
- added the tagline: "Crime has a new enemy."
- added a poster to the gallery
- Exhibitor Relations Fri., October 25, 2013
- changed the US film release date from February 7, 2014 to February 12, 2014
Ex Machina Theatrical Teaser
SpongeBob: Sponge Out of Water Theatrical Trailer #2
Bank$tas Video Clip #2
71 International Trailer
Insidious: Chapter 3 Theatrical Teaser