No Poster Available
Pre-Production: Production schedule preparation and planning as of January 18, 2013. Brett Ratner's Hercules will be released in theaters Aug. 8, 2014. Dwayne Johnson in the titular role. Have an update? Send it in!
|In Movie Theaters:||Friday, July 25, 2014 Nationwide|
|Dwayne Johnson . . . Hercules|
Aksel Hennie . . . Tydeus
Ian McShane . . . Amphiarus
|Companies:||Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) & 4 more|
The story follows Hercules, the powerful son of Zeus who, after the loss of his family, turns his back on the gods and finds his only solace in bloody battle. Over the years he warms to the company of six similar souls, their only bond being their love of fighting and presence of death. When the King of Thrace hires these mercenaries to train his men to become the greatest army of all time, it is time for this bunch of lost souls to finally have their eyes opened to how far they have fallen.
Based on a five-issue comicbook series by Steve Moore, which debuted in May 2008.
Aksel Hennie, the star of the Norwegian thriller Headhunters, will play Tydeus, a warrior devoted to Hercules who wields twin axes and is such a madman that he needs to be chained up at night when he sleeps.
Questions & Answers:
Production Updates (36)
- From Wed., April 17, 2013 to Fri., August 8, 2008
- Deadline Wed., April 17, 2013
- added Reece Ritchie as Iolaus to the credits
- The Hollywood Reporter Thu., March 21, 2013
- added Rebecca Ferguson as Actor to the credits
- added John Hurt as Actor to the credits
- added Joseph Fiennes as Actor to the credits
- added Ian McShane as Amphiarus to the credits
- Exhibitor Relations Wed., February 27, 2013
- changed the US film release date from August 8, 2014 to July 25, 2014
- The Hollywood Reporter Fri., February 22, 2013
- added Aksel Hennie as Tydeus to the credits