No Poster Available
|In Movie Theaters:||To Be Announced (TBA)|
|Director:||Paul W.S. Anderson|
|Produced by:||Nu Image/Millennium Films|
Buck Rogers, about a fighter pilot who awakens in the 25th century, is credited with helping turn outer space into a setting for exploration and action adventure stories, and getting the public used to space-age technologies during the Space Race.
Plot for the pic is being kept under wraps, but will essentially revolve around a relatable present-day hero flung into the future.
View All Plots (2) from variety.com
Buck Rogers was first introduced in 1928 as Anthony Rogers in Philip Francis Nowlan's novella "Armageddon 2419 A.D" in the pulp magazine "Amazing Stories." The character was renamed Buck Rogers when John F. Dille, president of the National Newspaper Syndicate of America relaunched the hero as his own comic strip, "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" that was published from 1929 to 1967. Radio shows, films and TV shows on ABC and NBC followed.
Questions & Answers:
News & Updates (14)
- From Wed., March 24, 2010 to Sat., August 9, 2008
- Variety Wed., March 24, 2010
- added a synopsis
- added Flint Dille to the credits
- added George Furla to the credits
- added Fredrik Malmberg to the credits
- added Jeremy Bolt to the credits
- added Lawrence Abramson to the credits
- added Incognito Entertainment as a production company
- added Marcus Nispel to the credits
- added Paradox Entertainment as a production company
- added Matt Holloway to the credits