There are four kinds of alien encounters. The fourth kind is abduction.
|In Movie Theaters:||Friday, November 6, 2009 in 2,529 theaters|
|On Blu-ray & DVD:||Tuesday, March 16, 2010|
Released; Now Available Buy or Rent Availability
|Companies:||Universal Pictures & 1 more|
|Rating:||for violent/disturbing images, some terror, thematic elements and brief sexuality.|
In 1972, a scale of measurement was established for alien encounters. When a UFO is sighted, it is called an encounter of the first kind. When evidence is collected, it is known as an encounter of the second kind. When contact is made with extraterrestrials, it is the third kind. The next level, abduction, is the fourth kind. This encounter has been the most difficult to document...until now.
Structured unlike any film before it, "The Fourth Kindis" a provocative thriller set in modern-day Nome, Alaska, where—mysteriously since the 1960s—a disproportionate number of the population has been reported missing every year. Despite multiple FBI investigations of the region, the truth has never been discovered.
Here in this remote region, psychologist Dr. Abigail Tyler (Milla Jovovich) began videotaping sessions with traumatized patients and unwittingly discovered some of the most disturbing evidence of alien abduction ever documented.
Using never-before-seen archival footage that is integrated into the film, "The Fourth Kind" exposes the terrified revelations of multiple witnesses. Their accounts of being visited by alien figures all share disturbingly identical details, the validity of which is investigated throughout the film.
View All Plots (3) from universalpictures.com
Questions & Answers:
3.79 out of 5 stars (24 users) Add Review
Production Updates (32)
- From Mon., February 1, 2010 to Sun., December 14, 2008
- Movie Insider Mon., February 1, 2010
- added the DVD release date of March 16, 2010
- added the Blu-ray release date of March 16, 2010
- added the soundtrack release date of November 23, 2009
- YouTube Thu., November 5, 2009
- added Behind-the-Scenes Featurette to the trailers & clips page
- Universal Pictures Thu., October 22, 2009
- added a synopsis
- added photos to the gallery
- Internet Movie Poster Awards Thu., October 22, 2009
- added the tagline: "Based on the Actual Case Studies."
Entourage Theatrical Trailer #2
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation Theatrical Trailer
Max Theatrical Trailer
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part ... Franchise Logo – Remember
Paper Towns Theatrical Trailer