Based on the celebrated comic book arc, this epic action-adventure takes Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), the most iconic character of the X-Men universe, to modern-day Japan. Out of his depth in an unknown ... more
In Movie Theaters U.S.Friday, July 26, 2013 Nationwide Release
On Blu-ray & DVDTuesday, December 3, 2013
Released; Now Available Buy or Rent Now
Logan / Wolverine
Lee Harada / The Silver Samurai
Rating MPAAPG-13 for intense sci-fi action and violence, some sexuality and language
Storylines 3 more
Based on the celebrated comic book arc, this epic action-adventure takes Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), the most iconic character of the X-Men universe, to modern-day Japan. Out of his depth in an unknown world, he will face a host of unexpected and deadly opponents in a life-or-death battle that will leave him forever changed. Vulnerable for the first time and pushed to his physical and emotional limits, he confronts not only lethal samurai steel but also his inner struggle against his own immortality.
official plot version from foxmovies.com
- Taking place after the events of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Loosely follows the early 1980s Chris Claremont/Frank Miller comic book miniseries. The original X-Men Origins: Wolverine was released in 2009 and grossed nearly $400 million worldwide.
- In a recent interview with Empire magazine, The Wolverine director James Mangold said the film is actually a sequel to the last ensemble X-Men film. As Mangold said, "Where this film sits in the universe of the films is after them all. Jean Grey is gone, most of the X-Men are disbanded or gone, so there's a tremendous sense of isolation for him."
Also Known As
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2
- Garfield Prep
- November 2011: New York, United States
- November 2011: Japan
- November 2011: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- August 2012: Australia