"They love me for what I'm not... ...they hate me for what I am."
|Studio/Distributor:||Sony Picture Classics|
All Plots (1)
Set in 1960's and 1970's England, "The Damned United" tells the confrontational and darkly humorous story of Brian Clough's doomed 44 day tenure as manager of the reigning champions of English football Leeds United. Previously managed by his bitter rival Don Revie, and on the back of their most successful period ever as a football club, Leeds was perceived by many to represent a new aggressive and cynical style of football - an anathema to the principled yet flamboyant Brian Clough, who had achieved astonishing success as manager of Hartlepool and Derby County building teams in his own vision with trusty lieutenant Peter Taylor. Taking the Leeds job without Taylor by his side, with a changing room full of what in his mind were still Don's boys, would lead to an unheralded examination of Clough's belligerence and brilliance over 44 days. This is that story. The story of "The Damned United".
Last Updated: August 28, 2009
|Running Time:||1 hours,37 minutes|
4.00 out of 5 stars (4 users) Add Review
News & Updates (16)
- From Wed., January 6, 2010 to Sat., August 22, 2009
- Movie Insider Wed., January 6, 2010
- added the DVD release date of February 23, 2010
- added the Blu-ray release date of February 23, 2010
- added Theatrical Trailer to the trailers & clips page
- added the tagline: ""They love me for what I'm not... ...they hate me for what I am.""
- changed the production status to Complete
- added a synopsis
- added a running time of 97 minutes
- set the MPAA rating to R (for language)
- added Sony Picture Classics as a distributor
- added Timothy Spall to the credits