Status: Pre-Production As of January 1, 2017
Pre-Production: Key talent and film crew being hired; budgeting, preparing and planning of production schedule; approving final shooting script. Preproduction for Inhumans is underway and filming is expected to begin in March or April 2017.
Focuses on the Inhuman royal family. more
In Movie Theaters U.S.Friday, September 1, 2017 IMAX Only
Cast more cast—
Rating MPAANot Available
Storylines 2 more
Focuses on the Inhuman royal family.
Trivia & Production Notes
- The July 12, 2019 release date has been shelved to TBA, partly because Disney/Lucasfilm’s next Indiana Jones film is scheduled for the following weekend (4/22/16).
- Originally envision as a film release (or a series of films) in 2014, the comic book property has been retooled into an family action-adventure TV series for ABC with signature Marvel humor (Marvel, 12/31/16).
- The initial two episodes of “Marvel’s The Inhumans,” shot entirely with IMAX cameras, will play exclusively for two weeks next September on IMAX screens worldwide (Marvel, 12/31/16).
- This marks the first time a live-action television series has debuted in IMAX (12/31/16).
- The Inhumans, a race of superhumans with diverse and singularly unique powers, were first introduced in Marvel Comics by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1965.
- The live-action TV series is not taking the place of the planned feature film and is not a spinoff of ABC's Marvel drama Agents of SHIELD (Hollywood Reporter, 1/19/17).
Also Known As
- The Inhumans