For Peter Parker, life is busy. Between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen Stacy, high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t... more
In Movie Theaters U.S.Friday, May 2, 2014 3D/2D; IMAX 3D
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAPG-13 for sequences of sci-fi action/violence
Storylines 2 more
For Peter Parker, life is busy. Between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen Stacy, high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away, but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro, emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn, returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past
official plot version from sonypictures.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- In The Amazing Spider-Man's post-credit sequence, set inside Dr. Curt Connors' cell at an asylum, the Lizard is approached by a mysterious, shadowy figure (Michael Massee) who asks if Peter Parker knows the truth about his father. Lightning features prominently in the scene, prompting auds to speculate that Electro would be featured in the sequel (Variety, 11/1/2012).
- Electro is the alter ego of Max Dillon, an enemy of Spider-Man who gains the ability to control electricity after being struck by lightning. Created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, the character first appeared in "The Amazing Spider-Man #9" in February 1964.
- The Rhino first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #41 in 1966 as a thug from a Soviet Bloc country who wore a superhuman suit that made him invulnerable while giving him superstrength and superspeed. It also had a deadly horn on top.
- Sony revealed this would be the first Spider-Man film to be entirely filmed in New York.
- It is unclear whether Chris Cooper will make his villainous turn as Green Goblin in this film or in a sequel. Osborn starts out as a mentor to the superhero before turning bad.
Also Known As
- The Amazing Spider-Man Sequel
- February 2013: New York City, New York, United States