- added a synopsis 156 weeks ago
- The story is set in 1920s Tampa, then the seat of cigar-making industry and featured an imported Cuban tradition of lectors reading to workers. Inspired by Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina, Anna in the Tropics centers on a family of cigar rollers whose lives are changed by the power of literature.
Precious director Lee Daniels has signed on to develop and direct Anna in the Tropics, a film adaptation of Nilo Cruz’s Pulitzer and Steinberg Prize-winning Broadway play being produced by John Torres Martinez and Joe Lamy of Austin-based Mankind Entertainment.
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
- Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas
- Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
Afternoon Delight Theatrical Trailer
Halo Halo Landfall
Captain America: The Winter Soldier Theatrical Trailer
Welcome to the Jungle Theatrical Trailer
Hours Theatrical Trailer