Plot: What's the story about?
Valerian (Dane DeHaan) and Laureline (Cara Delevingne) are special operatives for the government of the human territories charged with maintaining order throughout the universe. Valerian has more in mind than a professional relationship with his partner- blatantly chasing after her with propositions of romance. But his extensive history with women, and her traditional values, drive Laureline to continuously rebuff him.
Under directive from their Commander (Clive Owen), Valerian and Laureline embark on a mission to the breathtaking intergalactic city of Alpha, an ever-expanding metropolis comprised of thousands of different species from all four corners of the universe. Alpha's seventeen million inhabitants have converged over time- uniting their talents, technology and resources for the betterment of all. Unfortunately, not everyone on Alpha shares in these same objectives; in fact, unseen forces are at work, placing our race in great danger.
official plot version from europacorp.com
3.84 / 5 stars (31 users)
Poll: Will you see Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets?
Who stars in Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets: Cast List
Cara Delevingne ... Laureline
"Life In A Year" , "Pan"
Dane DeHaan ... Valerian
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" , "A Cure for Wellness"
Clive Owen ... Commander Arün Filitt
"Gemini Man" , "The Song of Names"
"The Truth" , "Adopt a Highway"
"Ocean's Eight" , "This is the End"
Who's making Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets: Crew List
A look at the Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Luc Besson last directed Anna and Lucy. The film's writer Luc Besson last wrote Anna and American Renegades.EuropaCorp
Watch: Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets?
- The teaser trailer features an original master recording by The Beatles, marking the first time a Beatles master has been licensed for use in a movie trailer. Recorded by The Beatles in 1969, "Because" debuted on the Abbey Road album (1969) and "Because" (A Cappella Version), which appears in the Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets teaser trailer made its release debut on The Beatles' Anthology 3 in 1996.
- An English-language live-action adaptation of the Gallic comicbook series.
- June 2017: The film was in Completed status.
- November 2016: The film was in Post-Production status.
- March 2016: The film was in Production status.
- June 2015: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- June 2012: The film was in Development status.
Production is set to begin at the end of this year with a global release slated for the summer of 2017.
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Release Date: When was the film released?
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets was released in 2017 on Friday, July 21, 2017 (Nationwide release). There were 11 other movies released on the same date, including Girls Trip, Dunkirk and First Kill.
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, November 21, 2017
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now