An epic love story set during one of the most devastating battles in modern history.
Plot: What's the story about?
Stalingrad is a drama set in 1942, during one of the most important battles of World War II, which stopped the progress of Nazi forces and turned the tide of war in favor of the Allies. The Soviet army mounts a counter-attack on the Nazi forces that occupy half of Stalingrad on the other side of the Volga, but the operation to cross the river is unsuccessful. A few soldiers who managed to get to the other side take refuge in a house on the bank of Volga. Here they find a girl who didn’t escape when the Germans came. While the whole might of the German army descends onto them, the heroes of Stalingrad experience love, loss, joy and the sense of ultimate freedom that can only be felt by those about to die. They defend the house at all costs while the Red Army prepares for another attack.
official plot version from sonyclassics.com
3.40 / 5 stars (30 users)
Poll: Will you see Stalingrad?
Who stars in Stalingrad: Cast List
No cast available.
Who's making Stalingrad: Crew List
A look at the Stalingrad behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Fedor Bondarchuk last directed Odysseus.
Watch: Stalingrad Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Stalingrad?
- The 3D World War II drama has recently become the highest-grossing Russian movie of all time, earning $66.1 million in its six-week theatre run.
- Columbia Pictures will release Fedor Bondarchuk's Stalingrad in the United States for a one-week exclusive engagement in IMAX® 3D theatres nationwide on Feb. 28.
- The movie was shot completely on location in Russia.
- The first Russian-made feature to be released in the immersive IMAX® 3D format.
- April 2013: The film was in Completed status.