for macabre and suggestive humor, and some action PARENTAL GUIDANCE SUGGESTED
Plot: What's the story about?
Follows the Addams family as they face-off against a crafty reality-TV host (Allison Janney) while also preparing for their extended family to arrive for a major celebration.
3.42 / 5 stars (12 users)
Poll: Will you see The Addams Family?
Who stars in The Addams Family: Cast List
Oscar Isaac ... Gomez Addams (voice)
"Dune" , "The Addams Family 2 "
Charlize Theron ... Morticia (voice)
"F9" , "The Addams Family 2 "
Allison Janney ... Margaux Needler (voice)
"Breaking News In Yuba County" , "Spy"
Bette Midler ... Grandmama (voice)
"The Addams Family 2 " , "The Glorias"
Chloë Grace Moretz ... Wednesday (voice)
"Shadow in the Cloud" , "Tom and Jerry"
Finn Wolfhard ... Pugsley (voice)
"Ghostbusters: Afterlife" , "The Turning"
Who's making The Addams Family: Crew List
A look at the The Addams Family behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Conrad Vernon last directed Sausage Party and Monsters vs. Aliens. The film's writer Pamela Pettler last wrote Tim Burton's Corpse Bride and The Wee Free Men.
Watch: The Addams Family Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about The Addams Family?
- As director Conrad Vernon explained in a statement (6/5/18), “Greg [Tiernan] and I have always been a fan of the Addams Family in past versions, so when we set out to make this movie, we were excited to do something new. With that in mind, I drew from the brilliantly original Charles Addams New Yorker cartoons for the look of the film and decided to tell the story of how Gomez and Morticia meet, find their house and start their family. This unique approach is what drew me in to direct the film. The reimagining also extends to the stellar cast we’ve put together who will each bring their own spin to our film that will appeal to longtime fans of the Addams and introduce them to a new generation.”
- Based on the characters/cartoons created by Charles Addams which were published in "The New Yorker" between 1938 and 1988.
- August 2019: The film was in Completed status.
- March 2019: The film was in Post-Production status.
- June 2018: The film was in Production status.
- October 2017: The film was in Development status.
- November 2013: The film was in Announced status.
In production in Vancouver at Cinesite Studios.
MGM is in final negotiations with BermanBraun to produce an animated Addams Family film.