2017 | PG-13 | Action Adventure
Raised on the mythical island of Themyscira and trained by Amazonian warriors, a young woman named Diana fulfills a destiny long ago bestowed on her by the Gods when her home and the world at large is... more
In Movie Theaters U.S. Friday, June 2
Released; Now Playing Showtimes Buy Tickets
for sequences of violence and action, and some suggestive content
Raised on the mythical island of Themyscira and trained by Amazonian warriors, a young woman named Diana fulfills a destiny long ago bestowed on her by the Gods when her home and the world at large is threatened, she must leave and travel to the outside world for the first time. In doing so she will take the first steps to becoming the hero that is Wonder Woman…
official plot version from warnerbros.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Wonder Woman was created by educational consultant William Moulton Marston and first appeared in All Star Comics in 1941. Because of her popularity, she got her own self-titled comic series six months later. Lynda Carter played the heroine in the TV series that ran on ABC and CBS from 1976 to 1979.
- Michelle MacLaren has signed on to develop and direct Wonder Woman. She was a top choice due to her work on Breaking Bad, Game of Thornes and Walking Dead (Hollywood Reporter, 11/24/14).
- Patty Jenkins replaced Michelle MacLaren as the director of the pic (Variety, 5/25/15).
- Chris Pine recently said the movie is set during World War I (Hollywood Reporter, 1/15/16).
- Wonder Woman will first be seen by fans in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. This is the first movie to be produced for the legendary heroine.
Questions & Answers Have a question about this movie? Ask it!