Friday, December 21, 2018 (Nationwide)
sequences of sci-fi action violence PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
On the run in the year 1987, Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small Californian beach town. Charlie (Hailee Steinfeld), on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary, yellow VW bug.
official plot version from paramount.com
3.92 / 5 stars (25 users)
Poll: Will you see Bumblebee?
Who stars in Bumblebee: Cast List
"Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" , "Ender's Game"
"Boogie" , "Alita: Battle Angel"
"Radium Girls" , "Landline"
Who's making Bumblebee: Crew List
A look at the Bumblebee behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Travis Knight last directed Kubo and the Two Strings and The Six Billion Dollar Man. The film's writer Christina Hodson last wrote Unforgettable and Shut In.
Lorenzo di Bonaventura
Production: What we know about Bumblebee?
- This is the first spinoff in what Paramount and Hasbro hopes will be a Transformers Cinematic Universe that will include prequels and offshoots (Hollywood Reporter, 7/13/17).
- Hailee Steinfeld will play a tomboy who also holds a job as a mechanic after school. Sources say the tale is a prequel to the main film series, focused on Bumblebee's life in an earlier decade (Hollywood Reporter, 7/11/17).
- Laika CEO Travis Knight, who directed Kubo and Two Strings, will be making his live-action directorial debut on the pic (Variety, 5/31/17).
- Per Variety (10/4/15), Hasbro's Steven J. Davis confirmed in a Q&A that a Transformers 5, 6, 7 and 8 are in the works. “Nine of some of the most creative writers I have ever worked with, shepherded by Akiva Goldsman, who many of you may know won an Academy Award for A Beautiful Mind and written a bunch of great movies,” he went on. “And they plotted out the next 10 years of Transformers. Similarly, we are doing the same in television and in digital. So stay tuned, Transformers 5 is on its way, and 6 and 7 and 8.”
- As Michael Bay told Entertainment Weekly, "It's kind of like a new Transformers. We had three, the first trilogy, and this is going to be the next one. It's the first of a new trilogy. I'm not necessarily sure that I'm doing [the others], but that's what it's meant for (April, 2014)."
- November 2018: The film was in Completed status.
- December 2017: The film was in Post-Production status.
- August 2017: The film was in Production status.
- June 2017: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- November 2016: The film was in Development status.
- October 2015: The film was in Development status.
- April 2014: The film was in Development status.
Filming started late July 2017. The film’s shoot will take place entirely in California, including in Southern and Northern California.
Deadline.com says Christina Hodso turned in a script that will make it possible for Paramount to mount the film for 2018.
Hasbro's Steven J. Davis confirmed in a Q&A that a Transformers 5, 6, 7 and 8 are in the works.
Director Michael Bay will be rebooting the robot franchise with at least two more movies after Transformers: Age of Extinction.
Bumblebee Release Date: When was the film released?
When will the movie be on DVD?Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now