Friday, February 10, 2017 (Nationwide)
strong erotic sexual content, some graphic nudity, and language RESTRICTED
Plot: What's the story about?
When a wounded Christian Grey tries to entice a cautious Ana Steele back into his life, she demands a new arrangement before she will give him another chance. As the two begin to build trust and find stability, shadowy figures from Christian’s past start to circle the couple, determined to destroy their hopes for a future together.
official plot version from universalpictures.com
3.12 / 5 stars (57 users)
Poll: Will you see Fifty Shades Darker?
Who stars in Fifty Shades Darker: Cast List
Jamie Dornan ... Christian Grey
Heart of Stone, Trolls World Tour
Dakota Johnson ... Anastasia Steele
Madame Web, Am I OK?
Rita Ora ... Mia Grey
POKÉMON Detective Pikachu, Fifty Shades Freed
Luke Grimes ... Elliot Grey
Taken 2, American Sniper
Kim Basinger ... Elena Lincoln
Grudge Match, The Nice Guys
Max Martini ... Taylor
The Tender Bar, Eli
Eloise Mumford ... Kate
Fifty Shades of Grey
Bella Heathcote ... Leila
Professor Marston & The Wonder Women, Not Fade Away
Hugh Dancy ... Dr. John Flynn
Downton Abbey: A New Era, Adam
Fifty Shades Freed, Disappearance At Clifton Hill
The King's Speech, Little Men
Godzilla, Fifty Shades of Grey
Who's making Fifty Shades Darker: Crew List
A look at the Fifty Shades Darker behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director James Foley last directed Fifty Shades Freed and Perfect Stranger. The film's writer Niall Leonard last wrote Fifty Shades Freed.
Watch: Fifty Shades Darker Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Fifty Shades Darker?
- Elena Lincoln (to be played by Kim Basinger) is one of Grey’s business partners, as well as his former (and older) lover that initiated him into the world of S&M.
- Fifty Shades Darker is scheduled for release on Feb. 10, 2017; Fifty Shades Freed hits theaters Feb. 9, 2018. Both films will be shot back-to-back with James Foley at the helm (Variety, 11/12/15).
- Per Variety, production on Fifty Shades Darker likely won't get underway until the first quarter of 2016. That would mean the sequel wouldn't arrive until late 2016 or the first quarter of 2017 (2/19/15).
- January 2017: The film was in Completed status.
- September 2016: The film was in Post-Production status.
- January 2016: The film was in Production status.
Production set to start February 2016, Universal has decided to shoot sequels Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed back-to-back.
- November 2015: The film was in Pre-Production status.
Production set to start in early 2016, Universal has decided to shoot sequels Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed back-to-back.
- April 2015: The film was in Development status.
Niall Leonard, the husband of E.L. James, will write script.
- February 2015: The film was in Development status.
Author E.L. James is seeking more control over the Fifty Shades of Grey sequel by writing the script herself.
Fifty Shades Darker Release Date: When was the film released?
Fifty Shades Darker was released in 2017 on Friday, February 10, 2017 (Nationwide release). There were 9 other movies released on the same date, including John Wick: Chapter 2, The LEGO Batman Movie and Bornless Ones.
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now