Friday, August 21, 2020 (Nationwide)
Mulan Official stills & photos 57 more
Mulan Plot: What's the story?
Live-action remake of the 1998 Disney animated film.
Poll: Will you see Mulan?
Mulan Cast: Who stars in it?
- Liu Yifei ... Hua Mulan
- Jet Li
xXx 3: The Return of Xander Cage, The Forbidden Kingdom
- Gong Li ... [villain]
Shanghai, Ripley's Believe It or Not!
- Xana Tang
- Donnie Yen ... Commander Tung
IP Man 4: The Finale, xXx 3: The Return of Xander Cage
- Utkarsh Ambudkar ... Skatch
The Broken Hearts Gallery, Free Guy
Film Details & Notes: What do we know about Mulan?
- Gong Li is confirmed as the villain in Mulan, a powerful witch (Hollywood Reporter, 4/12/18).
- Jet Li is in final talks to play the emperor of China, who orders the mobilization of troops via the conscription of one male from each household (Hollywood Reporter, 4/12/18).
- Hua Mulan disguises herself as a man to take her father’s army conscription in fifth-century China.
- Disney had initially sought an Asian director for the project, meeting with Ang Lee (who passed, citing scheduling) and Rogue One star Jiang Wen (Hollywood Reporter, 2/14/17).
- "Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (Jurassic World, Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, and the upcoming Avatar sequel) [were bought in by Disney] to get [the script] into shooting shape" (Deadline.com, 10/5/16).
- Walt Disney Pictures plans a worldwide casting search for the lead Chinese actress for the role (Deadline.com, 10/5/16).
Crew and Production Credits: Who's making Mulan?
Mulan Trailers & Videos
Production Timeline: When did the Mulan come together?
On or about March 12, 2020 • The film was in Completed status.
On or about July 7, 2019 • The film was in Post-Production status.
On or about August 14, 2018 • The film was in Production status.
On or about April 14, 2018 • The film was in Pre-Production status.
Planning to start shooting August 2018 in China and New Zealand.
On or about October 5, 2016 • The film was in Development status.
Disney has prepped this for the fast track, looking at November 2018 release.
On or about March 30, 2015 • The film was in Development status.
Mulan Release Date: When is it coming out?Mulan is coming out in 2020 on Friday, August 21, 2020 (Nationwide release). There are 5 other movies coming out on the same date, including Antebellum, Let Him Go and The One and Only Ivan. 2D/3D
Coming Soon (50 days to go!) Add to Google Calendar
- United States
- August 21, 2020 Nationwide 2D/3D
- August 21, 2020
Questions: Asked About Mulan
How long is Mulan live action going to be?
Looking for more information on Mulan?
Check out the below links, may contain affiliate links.