Friday, September 4, 2020 Disney+
sequences of violence PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
Live-action remake of the 1998 Disney animated film.
3.80 / 5 stars (5 users)
Poll: Will you see Mulan?
Who stars in Mulan: Cast List
Liu Yifei ... Hua Mulan
xXx 3: The Return of Xander Cage, The Expendables 3
Gong Li ... [villain]
Miami Vice, Eros
The Justice of Bunny King
Donnie Yen ... Commander Tung
John Wick: Chapter 4, xXx 3: The Return of Xander Cage
Utkarsh Ambudkar ... Skatch
The Drop, Free Guy
Who's making Mulan: Crew List
A look at the Mulan behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Niki Caro last directed The Zookeeper's Wife and McFarland, USA. The film's writer Elizabeth Martin last wrote Spellbound.
Production: What we know about Mulan?
- Gong Li is confirmed as the villain in Mulan, a powerful witch (Hollywood Reporter, 4/12/18).
- Jet Li is in final talks to play the emperor of China, who orders the mobilization of troops via the conscription of one male from each household (Hollywood Reporter, 4/12/18).
- Hua Mulan disguises herself as a man to take her father’s army conscription in fifth-century China.
- Disney had initially sought an Asian director for the project, meeting with Ang Lee (who passed, citing scheduling) and Rogue One star Jiang Wen (Hollywood Reporter, 2/14/17).
- "Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (Jurassic World, Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, and the upcoming Avatar sequel) [were bought in by Disney] to get [the script] into shooting shape" (Deadline.com, 10/5/16).
- Walt Disney Pictures plans a worldwide casting search for the lead Chinese actress for the role (Deadline.com, 10/5/16).
- 2020 - March: The film was set to Completed status.
- 2019 - July: The film was set to Post-Production status.
- 2018 - August: The film was set to Production status.
- 2018 - April: The film was set to Pre-Production status.
Planning to start shooting August 2018 in China and New Zealand.
- 2016 - October: The film was set to Development status.
Disney has prepped this for the fast track, looking at November 2018 release.
- 2015 - March: The film was set to Development status.
Mulan Release Date: When was the film released?
Mulan was a Disney+ release in 2020 on Friday, September 4, 2020. There were 5 other movies released on the same date, including I'm Thinking of Ending Things, Critical Thinking and The Owners. Additional information: .