Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo befriends his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and meets the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a... more
Release DateU.S.Solo: A Star Wars Story was released on
Friday, May 25, 2018 Nationwide Release
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAPG-13 for sequences of sci-fi action/violence
Storylines 3 more
Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo befriends his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and meets the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.
official plot version from lucasfilm.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan, the writer and director known for Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Big Chill and Grand Canyon, is familiar to Star Wars fans for having co-written the screenplays for The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and The Force Awakens.
- "This is the first film we've worked on that seems like a good idea to begin with. We promise to take risks, to give the audience a fresh experience, and we pledge ourselves to be faithful stewards of these characters who mean so much to us. This is a dream come true for us. And not the kind of dream where you're late for work and all your clothes are made of pudding, but the kind of dream where you get to make a film with some of the greatest characters ever, in a film franchise you've loved since before you can remember having dreams at all” said Christopher Miller and Phil Lord.
- This will take place 10 years prior to Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977).
- Per Variety (1/11/16), the new Han Solo could have a small cameo in Rogue One: A Star Wars before appearing in his own standalone pic. The actors being considered for the Han Solo role include Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Dave Franco, Jack Reynor, Scott Eastwood, Logan Lerman, Emory Cohen and Blake Jenner.
- Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke’s role will round out a dynamic cast of characters that Han and Chewie will encounter on their adventures (Lucasfilm, 11/18/16).
- Lucasfilm chief Kathleen Kennedy explains, “This [movie] moves closer to a heist or Western type feel. We’ve talked about [Frederic] Remington and those primary colors that are used in his paintings defining the look and feel of the film (Variety, 11/22/16).”
- Woody Harrelson is the top choice to play Han Solo’s mentor (Variety, 1/3/17).
- The movie is slated to hit theaters on May 25, 2018. There's some rumored talk the release may be pushed to December 2018 time frame (1/3/17).
- Disney CEO Bob Iger told an event audience the film will span the Star Wars rogue's years from age 18 to 24. Han (played by Alden Ehrenreich) will meet Chewbacca (Joonas Suotamo) and will be seen finding his ship, The Millennium Falcon (Hollywood Reporter, 3/23/17).
- Warwick Davis will appear as an unspecified character (Hollywood Reporter, 7/26/17).
- Composer John Powell (Shrek, Kung Fu Panda) will score the film (Hollywood Reporter, 7/26/17).
Also Known As
- Untitled Han Solo Star Wars Anthology Film
- Untitled Star Wars Project Number 2
- Han Solo