Friday, November 20, 2020 (Nationwide)
Soul Official stills & photos 51 more
Takes place between New York City and the cosmic realms
Soul Plot: What's the story?
Soul introduces Joe Gardner, a middle-school band teacher whose true passion is playing jazz. “I think Joe is having that crisis that all artists have,” says Powers. “He’s increasingly feeling like his lifelong dream of being a jazz musician is not going to pan out and he’s asking himself ‘Why am I here? What am I meant to be doing?’ Joe personifies those questions.”
In the film, just when Joe thinks his dream might be in reach, a single unexpected step sends him to a fantastical place where he’s is forced to think again about what it truly means to have soul. That’s where he meets and ultimately teams up with 22, a soul who doesn’t think life on Earth is all it’s cracked up to be. Jamie Foxx lends his voice to Joe, while Tina Fey voices 22. “The comedy comes naturally,” says Murray. “But the subtle emotion that reveals the truth to the characters is really something special.”
Poll: Will you see Soul?
Soul Cast: Who stars in it?
- Jamie Foxx ... Joe Gardner (voice)
Horrible Bosses 2, Django Unchained
- Tina Fey ... 22 (voice)
Muppets Most Wanted, The Invention of Lying
- Quest Love ... Curly (voice)
- Phylicia Rashad ... Libba Gardner (voice)
Tyler Perry's A Fall From Grace, Creed
- Daveed Diggs ... Paul (voice)
Hamilton: An American Musical, Wonder
Film Details & Notes: What do we know about Soul?
- Directed by two-time Academy Award-winner Pete Docter, co-directed by Kemp Powers and produced by Academy Award-nominee Dana Murray, Disney and Pixar's Soul opens in theaters on June 19, 2020. According to Docter, the idea for the story is 23 years in the making. "It started with my son-hes 23 now-but the instant he was born, he already had a personality," says Docter. "Where did that come from? I thought your personality developed through your interaction with the world. And yet, it was pretty clear that we're all born with a very unique, specific sense of who we are".
Crew and Production Credits: Who's making Soul?
Soul Trailers & Videos
Production Timeline: When did the Soul come together?
On or about March 12, 2020 • The film was in Completed status.
On or about May 26, 2019 • The film was in Post-Production status.
On or about October 13, 2015 • The film was in Announced status.
Disney has announced an untitled Pixar Animation for June 2020.
Soul Release Date: When is it coming out?Soul is coming out in 2020 on Friday, November 20, 2020 (Nationwide release). There are 3 other movies coming out on the same date, including No Time to Die, Amblin Project and Stillwater.
- United States
- November 20, 2020 Nationwide
- November 20, 2020
Questions: Asked About Soul
Looking for more information on Soul?
Check out the below links, may contain affiliate links.