2019 | Adventure Family
A teenage boy teams up with Pikachu in order to find the boy's kidnapped dad. more
In Movie Theaters U.S. Friday, May 10
A teenage boy teams up with Pikachu in order to find the boy's kidnapped dad.
Trivia & Production Notes
- The Japanese-based Pokemon Co., which manages rights to the franchise spun from the hit Nintendo game, has been courting Hollywood for a movie. Multiple studios have been in the running - including Warner Bros, Sony and Legendary Pictures (Hollywood Reporter, 4/15/16).
- This will be a live action film.
- Universal Pictures will handle distribution of the live-action film outside of Japan. Toho will handle distribution in Japan.
- There have been 19 films released based on Pokemon.
- Based on the upcoming game “Detective Pikachu" (Variety, 8/16/16).
- The first pic in a planned franchise (Hollywood Reporter, 11/30/16).
- Pikachu will be a motion-capture creation for the movie (Hollywood Reporter, 11/29/17).
- Kathryn Newton will play Lucy, a sassy journalist who goes on an adventure with the boy (Hollywood Reporter, 11/29/17).
Also Known As
Stay UpdatedGet the latest alerts by email
Questions & Answers Have a question about this movie? Ask it!