Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Official stills & photos 31 more
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Plot: What's the story?
Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood visits 1969 Los Angeles, where everything is changing, as TV star Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt) make their way around an industry they hardly recognize anymore.
2.33 / 5 stars (6 users)
Poll: Will you see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood?
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Cast: Who are the actors?
- Margot Robbie ... Sharon Tate
Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn), Bombshell
- Brad Pitt ... Cliff Booth
Ad Astra, Fury
- Leonardo DiCaprio ... Rick Dalton
The Great Gatsby, The Revenant
- Burt Reynolds ... George Spahn
Delgo, The Dukes of Hazzard
- Tim Roth
The Song of Names, Luce
- Kurt Russell
The Christmas Chronicles 2, Furious 7
Film Details & Notes: What do we know about Once Upon a Time in Hollywood?
- As Tarantino explains, "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood takes place in 1969, at the height of the counterculture hippie revolution and the height of new Hollywood. Street by street, block by block, we'll transform Los Angeles into the Hollywood of 1969 (CinemaCon, 4/23/18)."
- Tarantino promised the film is "probably the closest to Pulp Fiction that I have done (CinemaCon, 4/23/18)."
- Tarantino says it’s not a biopic, but is an ensemble film set during the tumultuous time period (Variety, 12/1/17).
- The film will be released on the 50th anniversary of the day the Manson family committed the LaBianca murders.
- The film will begin production in mid-2018 for a 2019 release, and it will be an R-rated film (Deadline.com, 11/17/17).
- Tarantino has had conversations with Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio for the two main lead male roles (Deadline.com, 11/17/17).
- Samuel L. Jackson, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Lawrence are all potential cast mates (Deadline.com, 7/12/17).
- Tarantino met with Margot Robbie to potentially play Sharon Tate, the actress wife of director Roman Polanski who was killed (Deadline.com, 7/12/17).
- The plan is to shoot in 2018, possibly in the summer (Hollywood Reporter, 7/11/17).
Crew and Production Credits: Who's making Once Upon a Time in Hollywood?
A look at the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Quentin Tarantino last directed The Hateful Eight and Django Unchained. The film's writer Quentin Tarantino last wrote The Hateful Eight and Django Unchained.
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Trailers & Videos
Production Timeline: When did the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood come together?
On or about May 28, 2019 • The film was in Completed status.
On or about February 3, 2019 • The film was in Post-Production status.
On or about July 18, 2018 • The film was in Production status.
On or about November 17, 2017 • The film was in Pre-Production status.
Sony has picked up the rights to the project. Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio circling to star.
On or about July 16, 2017 • The film was in Development status.
WME is said to be shopping the project to studios to co-finance and co-distribute, while Quentin Tarantino is said to be meeting with A-list talent to star.
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Release Date: When was it released?Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was released in 2019 on Friday, July 26, 2019 in nationwide movie theaters. There were 5 other movies released on the same date, including Astronaut, Dead Water and Skin.
- United States
- July 26, 2019 Nationwide
- July 26, 2019