The much-anticipated feature film prequel to the groundbreaking, award-winning HBO drama series “The Sopranos.”
Friday, October 1, 2021 (Nationwide)
strong violence, pervasive language, sexual content and some nudity RESTRICTED
Plot: What's the story about?
The film is set in the explosive 1960s in the era of the Newark riots, when the African-American and Italian communities are often at each other’s throats. But among the gangsters within each group, the dangerous rivalry becomes especially lethal.
Poll: Will you see The Many Saints of Newark ?
Who stars in The Many Saints of Newark : Cast List
Alessandro Nivola ... Dickey Moltisanti
"Untitled David O. Russell Project" , "Devil's Knot"
Michael Gandolfini ... Tony Soprano
"The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It" , "The Conjuring"
"King Richard" , "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
"No Time to Die" , "Game Night"
"West Side Story" , "Non-Stop"
"Needle in a Timestack" , "One Night In Miami..."
Who's making The Many Saints of Newark : Crew List
A look at the The Many Saints of Newark behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Alan Taylor last directed Terminator: Genisys and Thor: The Dark World. The film's writer David Chase last wrote Not Fade Away and Little Black Dress.
Watch: The Many Saints of Newark Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about The Many Saints of Newark ?
- “The Many Saints of Newark” was shot on location in New Jersey and New York, and several beloved characters from the original series that inspired the film are featured in the movie. During its six-season run, “The Sopranos”—widely regarded as one of the greatest and most influential television drama series of all time—was honored with 21 Primetime Emmy Awards, five Golden Globe Awards, and two Peabody Awards, to name only a portion.
- Alan Taylor (“Thor: The Dark World”), who won an Emmy for his directing work on “The Sopranos,” is helming the film from a screenplay by series creator David Chase & Lawrence Konner, based on characters created by Chase. Chase, Konner and Nicole Lambert are producing the film, with Michael Disco, Marcus Viscidi, Toby Emmerich and Richard Brener serving as executive producers.
- Expected to feature younger versions of some of the characters from “The Sopranos" (Variety, 7/3/18).
- Prequel to the 1999 to 2007 HBO TV series "The Sopranos" created by David Chase.
- December 2020: The film was in Completed status.
- April 2020: The film was in Post-Production status.
- March 2019: The film was in Production status.
- March 2018: The film was in Development status.
The Many Saints of Newark Release Date: When is the film coming out?
The Many Saints of Newark is coming out in 2021 on Friday, October 1, 2021 (Nationwide release). There are 6 other movies coming out on the same date, including Hotel Transylvania: Transformania, The Addams Family 2 and Titane.