The Blackening movie production status is currently Post-Production
October 23, 2022 • Filming completed; editing of shot film; music composition and recordings, as well as sound and visual effects being added
Friday, June 16, 2023 Nationwide
Plot: What's the story about?
Seven black friends go away for the weekend only to find themselves trapped in a cabin with a killer who has a vendetta. Will their street smarts and knowledge of horror movies help them stay alive?
Poll: Will you see The Blackening?
Who stars in The Blackening: Cast List
Nanny, White Men Can't Jump
House Party, The Way Back
Who's making The Blackening: Crew List
A look at the The Blackening behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Tim Story last directed Tom and Jerry and Shaft. The film's writer Tracy Oliver last wrote The Sun Is Also A Star and Little.
Watch The Blackening Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about The Blackening?
- “The Blackening is a wildly entertaining horror movie that delivers jump-out-of-your-seat scares while also hilariously subverting the genre,” said Jason Constantine, Lionsgate’s President, Acquisitions and Co-Productions (10/23/2022).
- Premiered at the Midnight Madness segment of Toronto Film Festival (10/23/2022).
- Based on the 2018 Comedy Central short film.
- 2022 - October: The film was set to Post-Production status.
- 2020 - January: The film was set to Development status.