In the 26th century, a female cyborg is rescued from the scrapheap by a scientist.
Thursday, February 14, 2019 (Nationwide)
sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and for some language PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
Set several centuries in the future, the abandoned Alita (Rosa Salazar) is found in the scrapyard of Iron City by Ido (Christoph Waltz), a compassionate cyber-doctor who takes the unconscious cyborg Alita to his clinic. When Alita awakens she has no memory of who she is, nor does she have any recognition of the world she finds herself in. Everything is new to Alita, every experience a first. As she learns to navigate her new life and the treacherous streets of Iron City, Ido tries to shield Alita from her mysterious past while her street-smart new friend, Hugo (Keean Johnson), offers instead to help trigger her memories. A growing affection develops between the two until deadly forces come after Alita and threaten her newfound relationships. It is then that Alita discovers she has extraordinary fighting abilities that could be used to save the friends and family she’s grown to love. Determined to uncover the truth behind her origin, Alita sets out on a journey that will lead her to take on the injustices of this dark, corrupt world, and discover that one young woman can change the world in which she lives.
official plot version from foxmovies.com
4.65 / 5 stars (37 users)
Poll: Will you see Alita: Battle Angel?
Who stars in Alita: Battle Angel: Cast List
Rosa Salazar ... Alita
"Maze Runner: The Death Cure" , "Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials"
Christoph Waltz ... Doctor Dyson Ido
"Pinocchio" , "Zero Theorem"
"Shutter Island" , "A Nightmare On Elm Street"
Ed Skrein ... Zapan
"Patrick" , "Deadpool"
"Boogie" , "Bliss"
"Swan Song" , "Sovereign"
Who's making Alita: Battle Angel: Crew List
A look at the Alita: Battle Angel behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Robert Rodriguez last directed We Can Be Heroes and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. The film's writer James Cameron last wrote Sanctum and Avatar.
Production: What we know about Alita: Battle Angel?
- Ed Skrein will play a character named Zapan, a villainous cyborg who is in possession of a weapon called the Damascus blade (Hollywood Reporter, 9/21/16).
- Jackie Earle Haley will play a monstrous cyborg in a villain role - likely some CG and green screen work (Hollywood Reporter, 9/15/16)
- Christoph Waltz will play Doctor Dyson Ido, the cybersurgeon who finds the cyborg and becomes her mentor (Hollywood Reporter, 8/23/16).
- The production will have a budget in the $175 million-$200 million range (Hollywood Reporter, 5/27/16).
- The film is based on a series of graphic novels by a Japanese artist called Kishiro.
- January 2019: The film was in Completed status.
- December 2017: The film was in Post-Production status.
- October 2016: The film was in Production status.
- September 2016: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- August 2016: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- May 2016: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- October 2015: The film was in Development status.
- February 2011: The film was in Concept status.
Starts shooting this month in Austin, TX.
An October 2016 production start in Austin is being targeted.
Fox is planning a fall 2016 start of production with a 2018 release.
No start date has been set yet; Rosa Salazar will star in the lead role.
Robert Rodriguez is in negotiations to direct the live action adaptation of the manga graphic novels. Last announced in December 2005.
James Cameron said he'll be busy with Avatar sequels through 2015, but he still wants to direct Battle Angel
Alita: Battle Angel Release Date: When was the film released?
When will the movie be on DVD?Tuesday, July 23, 2019
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now