Runtime: 2 hrs, 15 m
Fourth installment of the Bourne franchise.
The Bourne Legacy Official stills & photos 20 more
The Bourne Legacy Plot: What's the story?
Fourth installment of the Bourne franchise based on an original story. As writer/director Tony Gilroy explains, "This is not a reboot or a recast or a prequel. No one’s replacing Matt Damon. There will be a whole new hero, a whole new chapter…this is a stand-alone project." Jason Bourne will not be featured in the film; Jeremy Renner will play another assassin trained in the same program as Bourne.
4.12 / 5 stars (104 users)
Poll: Will you see The Bourne Legacy?
The Bourne Legacy Cast: Who are the actors?
- Jeremy Renner ... Aaron Cross
Untitled Bourne Movie 5 Project, Arctic Dogs
- Rachel Weisz
Black Widow, 360
- Edward Norton ... Villain
Motherless Brooklyn, Collateral Beauty
- Oscar Isaac ... Number 3 Villain
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, The Addams Family
- Joan Allen ... Pam Landy
Who Will Write Our History, A Good Marriage
- Albert Finney ... Dr. Albert Hirsch
Skyfall, Amazing Grace
Crew and Production Credits: Who's making The Bourne Legacy?
A look at the The Bourne Legacy behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Tony Gilroy last directed Duplicity and Michael Clayton. The film's writer Josh Zetumer last wrote Robocop and Untitled Josh Zetumer Project.
Production Timeline: When did the The Bourne Legacy come together?
On or about May 23, 2012 • The film was in Completed status.
On or about May 19, 2012 • The film was in Post-Production status.
On or about November 1, 2011 • The film was in Production status.
On or about April 21, 2011 • The film was in Pre-Production status.
Plan to start shooting by July 2011
On or about February 25, 2011 • The film was in Pre-Production status.
Despite still casting the lead role, production scheduled to start spring 2011
On or about October 17, 2008 • The film was in Development status.
The Bourne Legacy Release Date: When was it released?The Bourne Legacy was released in 2012 on Friday, August 10, 2012 in nationwide movie theaters. There were 7 other movies released on the same date, including The Campaign, The Awakening and 2 Days in New York.
- United States
- August 10, 2012 Nationwide
- August 10, 2012
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Questions: Frequently Asked About The Bourne Legacy
- Why is Matt Damon not in the movie and could he return as the Jason Bourne character in future films?
- After The Bourne Ultimatum director Paul Greengrass decided not to helm the fourth installment of the Bourne franchise (citing the need for a 'different challenge'), Matt Damon declined to participate in the project. Matt Damon has not ruled out starring in any future films as long as Paul Greengrass returns as director. As Matt Damon stated, "I’ll just wait for him and when [Greengrass] wants to do one, we'll do it."