Status: Development As of March 5, 2016
Development: Story selection and rights acquired; idea being crafted into usable script; financing and casting attachments sought; aiming for 'greenlight'. Dante Harper signed on to write the script.
A parasite attaches itself to a host via a sticky substance that then gives the host special powers. more
In Movie Theaters U.S.Friday, October 5, 2018
Cast more cast
Rating MPAANot Available
A parasite attaches itself to a host via a sticky substance that then gives the host special powers.
Trivia & Production Notes
- Spin-off. Based on the Marvel comicbook character, which was seen in Spider-Man 3. Sony Pictures had commissioned a draft of the script from Jacob Estes, but they are looking to go in a new direction (07/31/08).
- Hollywood Reporter (3/4/16) says this is being envisioned as a franchise apart from and unrelated to the upcoming Spider-Man movie in the works with actor Tom Holland.
- This film will also include the villain Carnage (Hollywood Reporter, 6/21/17).
- Sony has made it clear that Venom will play no part in the Spider-Man universe, and that the film will stand on its own (Hollywood Reporter, 8/9/17).
Also Known As
- Untitled Spider-Man/Venom Spin-off Project