2018 | PG-13 | Action Adventure
One of Marvel's most enigmatic, complex and badass characters comes to the big screen.
U.S. Release DateVenom release date was Friday, October 5, 2018. This was a Nationwide in theaters release.
On DVD & Blu-ray Estimated; not officialJanuary 2019
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAPG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and for language
A parasite attaches itself to a host via a sticky substance that then gives the host special powers.
Trivia & Production Notes
- Spin-off. Based on the Marvel comicbook character, which was seen in Spider-Man 3. Sony Pictures had commissioned a draft of the script from Jacob Estes, but they are looking to go in a new direction (07/31/08).
- Hollywood Reporter (3/4/16) says this is being envisioned as a franchise apart from and unrelated to the upcoming Spider-Man movie in the works with actor Tom Holland.
- This film will also include the villain Carnage (Hollywood Reporter, 6/21/17).
- Sony has made it clear that Venom will play no part in the Spider-Man universe, and that the film will stand on its own (Hollywood Reporter, 8/9/17).
- Michelle Williams would play a district attorney and possibly Eddie Brock/Venom’s love interest (Variety, 9/27/17).
- Jenny Slate will play a scientist in the film (Variety, 10/3/17).
- Woody Harrelson will play a henchman of sorts (Variety, 12/14/17).
Also Known As
- Untitled Spider-Man/Venom Spin-off Project