Explores the story of 300 from the battle at sea between Themistocles and Xerxes' Naval Commander, Artemesia.
Friday, March 7, 2014 Nationwide
strong sustained sequences of stylized bloody violence throughout, a sex scene, nudity and some language. RESTRICTED
Plot: What's the story about?
This new chapter of the epic saga takes the action to a fresh battlefield—on the sea—as Greek general Themistokles (Sullivan Stapleton) attempts to unite all of Greece by leading the charge that will change the course of the war. 300: Rise of an Empire pits Themistokles against the massive invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro), and Artemesia (Eva Green), vengeful commander of the Persian navy.
official plot version from warnerbros.com
3.57 / 5 stars (115 users)
Poll: Will you see 300: Rise of An Empire?
Who stars in 300: Rise of An Empire: Cast List
Eva Green ... Artemisia
The Golden Compass, Dark Shadows
Jamie Blackley ... Calisto
If I Stay, And While We Were Here
Sullivan Stapleton ... Themistocles
American Renegades, The Hunter
Rodrigo Santoro ... Xerxes
Rio, The 33
Andrew Tiernan ... Ephialtes
Code of Silence
Callan Mulvey ... Scyllias
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Children of the Corn
Who's making 300: Rise of An Empire: Crew List
A look at the 300: Rise of An Empire behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Noam Murro last directed All Families Are Psychotic. The film's writer Frank Miller last wrote Sin City: A Dame to Kill For and The Spirit.
Watch 300: Rise of An Empire Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about 300: Rise of An Empire?
- Gerard Butler turned down an offer to reprise his role as Leonidas in the film.
- "It's not a prequel or a sequel," says director Noam Murro told USA Today. "It's a different perspective and characters in the battle between the Persians and the Greeks."
- Sequel to the hit film 300 (2007). Based on Frank Miller's graphic novel. Miller says the new project begins about 10 years before the events of 300.
- 2014 - January: The film was set to Completed status.
- 2013 - January: The film was set to Post-Production status.
- 2012 - August: The film was set to Production status.
- 2011 - December: The film was set to Pre-Production status.
Looking to begin shooting in the first quarter of 2012
- 2009 - December: The film was set to Development status.
300: Rise of An Empire Release Date: When was the film released?
300: Rise of An Empire was a Nationwide release in 2014 on Friday, March 7, 2014. There were 11 other movies released on the same date, including Mr. Peabody & Sherman, Haunt and Special ID. Additional information: 3D/2D; IMAX.