Total Recall Movie Updates
Total Updates: 95
- added Kate Beckinsale (In Talks) to the credits
- changed the status of Jessica Biel to In Talks
- added Bryan Cranston (In Talks) to the credits
- added Jessica Biel (Rumored) to the credits
- added Eva Green (Rumored) to the credits
- added Paula Patton (Rumored) to the credits
- added Eva Mendes (Rumored) to the credits
- added Diane Kruger (Rumored) to the credits
- added Kate Bosworth (Rumored) to the credits
- changed the US film release date from TBA 2012 to August 3, 2012
- added James Vanderbilt to the credits
- added Mark Bomback to the credits
- changed the status of Toby Jaffee to Current
- changed the US film release date from TBA 2011 to TBA 2012
- added a synopsis
- Based on a Philip K. Dick story in which people can buy literal dream vacation. Unlike the 1990 version with Arnold Schwarzenegger, the movie takes place entirely on one planet.
- changed the status of Len Wiseman to Current
- changed the status of Colin Farrell to Current
- set the production budget to $200,000,000
- added Toronto, CA as a production location
- added Michael Fassbender (Rumored) to the credits
- added Tom Hardy (Rumored) to the credits
- added Colin Farrell (Rumored) to the credits
- changed the production status to Pre-Production
- added Len Wiseman (In Talks) to the credits
Thu., Apr. 21, 2011
Kate Beckinsale has been offered one of the female lead roles alongside Colin Farrell in the Sony Pictures remake Total Recall.
Fri., Apr. 8, 2011
Sony Pictures may be close to landing one of two female leads for its "Total Recall" reboot. Jessica Biel is circling a role opposite Colin Farrell in the pic. Sony has offered her the role but no discussions are underway. It's unclear which role she would play.
Wed., Mar. 30, 2011
Bryan Cranston is in negotiations to play the villain opposite Colin Farrell in Columbia Pictures' remake of "Total Recall."
Tue., Mar. 22, 2011
There are two major female roles in the film, and several top actresses are vying for them. First, there is the role of Lori, who started out the 1990 Paul Verhoeven-directed original as the happy homemaker wife of Douglas Quaid, only to transform into the bride from hell. That's the role that really launched the star of Sharon ...
Fri., Feb. 25, 2011
Summer 2012 is heating up for moviegoers as Columbia Pictures adds three highly anticipated films to its summer slate, it was announced today by Jeff Blake, chairman, Worldwide Marketing and Distribution for Sony Pictures. Joining the strong summer line-up that already includes Men in Black™ 3 in 3D (May 25) and The Amazing S...
Mon., Jan. 10, 2011
According to Moritz, the remake of Total Recall starts shooting May 15 in Toronto. And for people that aren’t fans of 3D, you’ll be happy to know: 'We’re not gonna do Recall in 3D, we decided that it would be too much.'
Fri., Dec. 24, 2010
What won’t be announced is that the huge state-of-the-art, waterfront studio has already landed the biggest-budget movie ever to be shot in Toronto. Total Recall, a $200 million remake of the 1990 megahit, is set to begin filming here in March.
Thu., Oct. 21, 2010
Total Recall is narrowing in on finding the star that will step into the shoes first worn by Arnold Schwarzennegar in the 1990 movie. Colin Farrell is at the top of the list, which also includes Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender. No offers have been made for anyone to star in the movie, which is looking at a late March sta...
Fri., Jul. 30, 2010
Len Wiseman is in negotiations to direct "Total Recall," Columbia's remake of the 1990 Arnold Schwarzenegger sci-fi action movie directed by Paul Verhoeven.