Indiana Jones 5 movie production status is currently Development
February 26, 2020 • Story selection and rights acquired; idea being crafted into usable script; financing and casting attachments sought; aiming for 'greenlight'. Ford v Ferrari director James Mangold is in talks to take the helming reins from Steven Spielberg.
Friday, July 29, 2022 (Nationwide)
Plot: What's the story about?
Famed archaeologist and explorer Indiana Jones returns in a fifth movie.
official plot version from lucasfilm.com
Poll: Will you see Indiana Jones 5?
Cast: Who stars in it?
- Harrison Ford
... Indiana Jones
Crew: Who's making Indiana Jones 5
A look at the Indiana Jones 5 behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director James Mangold last directed Ford v Ferrari and Logan. The film's writer David Koepp last wrote You Should Have Left and Inferno.
Indiana Jones 5 Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Indiana Jones 5
- Deadline (3/15/16) is told that George Lucas is not involved.
- Famed archaeologist and explorer Indiana Jones was introduced in 1981’s Raiders of the Lost Ark
- As stated in the release date announcement (3/15/16), "Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019," said Alan Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. "It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven."
- At the British Academy Britannia Awards, Steven Spielberg teased, “I can’t wait to work with you [Harrison Ford] again on Indiana Jones 5. This is NO announcement, just my fervent hope,” he said (AwardsLine, 10/31/15).
- Steven Spielberg wants Chris Pratt to anchor the rebirth of Indiana Jones (Variety, 2/20/15).
On or about February 26, 2020, the film was in Development status.
Ford v Ferrari director James Mangold is in talks to take the helming reins from Steven Spielberg.
On or about June 29, 2018, the film was in Development status.
Jonathan Kasdan, son of Raiders of the Lost Ark scribe Lawrence Kasdan, will work on a new draft of the screenplay.
On or about March 20, 2018, the film was in Pre-Production status.
Steven Spielberg is planning to start shooting April 2019 in the U.K.
On or about March 15, 2016, the film was in Development status.
Indiana Jones will return to the big screen on July 19, 2019, for a fifth epic adventure in the blockbuster series.
On or about January 30, 2013, the film was in Announced status.
As Steven Spielberg stated: "I will not make another Indiana Jones film unless it's based on George's story." Lucas intends for that to happen, says Spielberg, though the timetable is unclear.
On or about April 13, 2011, the film was in Concept status.
On or about October 4, 2009, the film was in Development status.
On or about June 21, 2009, the film was in Concept status.
Indiana Jones 5 Release Date: When is it coming out?
Questions: Asked About Indiana Jones 5
Looking for more information on Indiana Jones 5?
Check out the below links, may contain affiliate links.