Everest movie production status is currently Pre-Production
July 7, 2021 • Key talent and film crew being hired; budgeting, preparing and planning of production schedule; approving final shooting script. The project will start shooting in the U.K. and Italy January 2022.
Plot: What's the story about?
In 1924, George Mallory makes an ascent of Mount Everest. But he and Andrew Irvine mysteriously never return from their climb. His legacy involves the possibility that he, and not Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay in 1953, was the first man to reach the summit.
Poll: Will you see Everest?
Who stars in Everest: Cast List
"Pinocchio" , "The Birthday Cake"
"Bloodshot" , "SAS: Red Notice"
"1917" , "John Carter"
"Palmer" , "Pretenders"
Who's making Everest: Crew List
A look at the Everest behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Doug Liman last directed Chaos Walking and Locked Down. The film's writer Sheldon Turner last wrote Law Abiding Citizen and Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning.
Watch: Everest Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Everest?
- Director Doug Liman described his movie as the “ultimate adventure film” (7/7/2021).
- Based on Jeffrey Archer's historical novel.
- July 2021: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- December 2019: The film was in Development status.
- October 2013: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- August 2009: The film was in Development status.
The project will start shooting in the U.K. and Italy January 2022.
Production never started; reverted to development.
Aiming to start shooting March 2014.
Everest Release Date: When is the film coming out?
Everest is coming out To Be Announced (TBA).