Mary Queen of Scots Official stills & photos
Mary Queen of Scots Plot: What's the story?
Mary Queen of Scots explores the turbulent life of the charismatic Mary Stuart. Queen of France at 16 and widowed at 18, Mary defies pressure to remarry. Instead, she returns to her native Scotland to reclaim her rightful throne. But Scotland and England fall under the rule of the compelling Elizabeth 1. Each young Queen beholds her “sister” in fear and fascination. Rivals in power and in love, and female regents in a masculine world, the two must decide how to play the game of marriage versus independence. Determined to rule as much more than a figurehead, Mary asserts her claim to the English throne, threatening Elizabeth’s sovereignty. Betrayal, rebellion, and conspiracies within each court imperil both thrones – and change the course of history.
official plot version from focusfeatures.com
3.67 / 5 stars (6 users)
Poll: Will you see Mary Queen of Scots?
Mary Queen of Scots Cast: Who are the actors?
- Margot Robbie ... Queen Elizabeth
Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn), Bombshell
- Saoirse Ronan ... Mary Stuart
Little Women, The Grand Budapest Hotel
- Martin Compston ... Earl of Bothwel
The Aftermath, Sister
- Jack Lowden ... Lord Darnley
Fighting With My Family, Dunkirk
- Joe Alwyn
Harriet, Operation Finale
- Brendan Coyle
Film Details & Notes: What do we know about Mary Queen of Scots?
- The filmmaking team for Mary, Queen of Scots includes Academy Award winners costume designer Alexandra Byrne, make-up and hair designer Jenny Shircore and editor Chris Dickens, Emmy award winner production designer James Merifield and BAFTA award winner director of photography John Mathieson (8/17/17).
- Based on the 2004 biography by John Guy, The True Life Of Mary Stuart.
- Originally set to start shooting in April 2008 with Scarlett Johansson starring (1/11/08, updated 4/21/17).
Crew and Production Credits: Who's making Mary Queen of Scots?
Mary Queen of Scots Trailers & Videos
Production Timeline: When did the Mary Queen of Scots come together?
On or about April 14, 2018 • The film was in Completed status.
On or about August 17, 2017 • The film was in Production status.
Filming has begun on location in England and Scotland.
On or about June 24, 2017 • The film was in Production status.
Filming this summer.
On or about April 21, 2017 • The film was in Development status.
Film has yet to be greenlit, but sources told Variety things are headed in the right direction.
Mary Queen of Scots Release Date: When was it released?Mary Queen of Scots was released in 2018 on Friday, December 7, 2018 in nationwide movie theaters. There were 15 other movies released on the same date, including Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle, The Appearance and Tyrel.
- United States
- December 7, 2018 Nationwide
- December 7, 2018
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
DigitalMonday, August 26, 2019
Released; Watch Now! Buy | Rent Now