Disenchanted movie production status is currently Post-Production
August 8, 2021 • Filming completed; editing of shot film; music composition and recordings, as well as sound and visual effects being added
Thursday, November 24, 2022 (Disney+)
Plot: What's the story about?
Set ten years after the first movie with Giselle finding herself questioning her happily ever after, and accidentally triggering events that make everyone's lives turn upside down in both the real world and in the animated kingdom of Andalasia.
paraphrased plot formulation from hollywoodreporter.com
Poll: Will you see Disenchanted?
Who stars in Disenchanted: Cast List
Amy Adams ... Giselle
Man of Steel, The Woman in the Window
Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Ferrari
Maya Rudolph ... [Villain]
Big Hero 6, Inherent Vice
Sonic the Hedgehog 2, The Best of Me
American Murderer, Frozen 2
LEGO Star Wars Summer Vacation, Muppets Haunted Mansion
Who's making Disenchanted: Crew List
A look at the Disenchanted behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Adam Shankman last directed What Men Want and Rock of Ages. The film's writer David Stem last wrote The Smurfs and Shrek the Third.
Watch: Disenchanted Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Disenchanted?
- This sequel will stream exclusively on Disney+ (12/11/2020).
- Sequel to the 2007 movie which grossed over $340 million worldwide ($127 million domestically).
- August 2021: The film was in Post-Production status.
- March 2020: The film was in Pre-Production status.
Will be starting production spring 2021.
- December 2019: The film was in Development status.
Production never started; reverted to development.
- February 2018: The film was in Pre-Production status.
Adam Shankman will direct after he shoots What Men Want in 2018.
- October 2016: The film was in Development status.
Disney is hoping to get before cameras in summer 2017. Adam Shankman will direct.
- July 2014: The film was in Development status.
David Stem and David N. Weiss attached to write the script.
- January 2010: The film was in Development status.