After Ares betrays Zeus to the Titans, Perseus treks to the underworld to rescue Zeus, overthrow the Titans and save mankind.
U.S. Release DateWrath of the Titans release date was Friday, March 30, 2012. in 3,500 theaters
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAPG-13 for intense sequences of fantasy violence and action
Storylines 3 more
A decade after his heroic defeat of the monstrous Kraken, Perseus (Worthington) –the demigod son of Zeus (Neeson)–is attempting to live a quieter life as a village fisherman and the sole parent to his 10-year old son, Helius. Meanwhile, a struggle for supremacy rages between the gods and the Titans. Dangerously weakened by humanity’s lack of devotion, the gods are losing control of the imprisoned Titans and their ferocious leader, Kronos, father of the long-ruling brothers Zeus, Hades (Fiennes) and Poseidon (Huston). The triumvirate had overthrown their powerful father long ago, leaving him to rot in the gloomy abyss of Tartarus, a dungeon that lies deep within the cavernous underworld. Perseus cannot ignore his true calling when Hades, along with Zeus’ godly son, Ares (Ramirez), switch loyalties and make a deal with Kronos to capture Zeus. The Titans’ strength grows stronger as Zeus’ remaining godly powers are siphoned, and hell is unleashed on earth. Enlisting the help of the warrior Queen Andromeda (Pike), Poseidon’s demigod son, Argenor (Kebbell), and fallen god Hephaestus (Nighy), Perseus bravely embarks on a treacherous quest into the underworld to rescue Zeus, overthrow the Titans and save mankind.
official plot version from facebook.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Unlike Clash of the Titans, the sequel was shot in 3D.
Also Known As
- Clash of the Titans 2
- Monday, March 21 2011: London, United Kingdom
- TBA 2011: Surrey, United Kingdom
- TBA 2011: Tenerife, Spain
More Clash of the Titans Movies 2
Questions & Answers Have a question about movie? Ask it!
- Is Io in the movie?
- No, Gemma Arterton who played Io, was unavailable to shoot the sequel and therefore is not in the movie.
- Since the third is in development, how how many are going to be made?
- This depends heavily on box office and video success. Clash of the Titans grossed nearly $500 million worldwide and producers are likely aiming to replicate that with the sequel.
- Is this the movie version of God of War?
- No, while the themes may appear similar, this movie is based on the 1981 movie, not the PlayStation video game. God of War movie has its own profile page.
- Who is Kronos?
- Kronos, a titan and the father of Zeus, is apparently all computer generated.
- Is this the sequel of Clash of the Titans last 2010?
- Yes, the working title was Clash of the Titans 2. There is also a third movie in development.
- Who is Ares?
- Ares is the god of war and in the movie will be played by Edgar Ramirez.
- Is it epic?
- Yes, if by epic, you mean a narrative with a mythological theme.
- What happened to Perseus' wife?
- -- unanswered --