The Dark Tower II Movie updatesTabs
Total Updates: 6
- Fri., Jul. 22, 2011 from Exhibitor Relations
- changed the production status to Concept
- Mon., Jul. 18, 2011 from Deadline
- changed the status of Universal Pictures to Formerly In Talks
- Wed., Sep. 8, 2010 from Entertainment Weekly
- added a synopsis
- The second part of a movie trilogy that is based on the seven books of The Dark Tower series.
- added Universal Pictures as a distributor
- changed the production status to Announced
- created the movie profile
The moment has come for Universal Pictures to fish or cut bait on The Dark Tower, the ultra-ambitious adaptation of the Stephen King 7-novel series that was going to encompass a trilogy of feature films and two limited run TV series. The studio has said, No Thanks.
Universal announced today that it has acquired the rights to produce three films and an NBC series based on the seven novels, short stories and comic books from Stephen King’s The Dark Tower. Ron Howard will direct the first film and the first season of the TV show, which will be written by Akiva Goldsman.