Friday, July 1, 2016 (Nationwide)
sequences of action and violence, some sensuality and brief rude dialogue PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
It has been years since the man once known as Tarzan (Skarsgård) left the jungles of Africa behind for a gentrified life as John Clayton III, Lord Greystoke, with his beloved wife, Jane (Robbie) at his side. Now, he has been invited back to the Congo to serve as a trade emissary of Parliament, unaware that he is a pawn in a deadly convergence of greed and revenge, masterminded by the Belgian, Captain Leon Rom (Waltz). But those behind the murderous plot have no idea what they are about to unleash.
official plot version from warnerbros.com
4.01 / 5 stars (427 users)
Poll: Will you see The Legend of Tarzan?
Who stars in The Legend of Tarzan: Cast List
Alexander Skarsgard ... Tarzan / John Clayton III
"Godzilla vs. Kong" , "War on Everyone"
Samuel L. Jackson ... George Washington Williams
"Spiral: From the Book of Saw" , "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
Christoph Waltz ... Captain Rom
"Georgetown" , "Alita: Battle Angel"
Margot Robbie ... Jane
"The Suicide Squad" , "Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway"
Dijimon Hounsou ... Chief Mbonga
John Hurt ... Prof. Archimedes Q. Porter
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" , "Hercules"
Who's making The Legend of Tarzan: Crew List
A look at the The Legend of Tarzan behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director David Yates last directed Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. The film's writer Stephen Sommers last wrote Odd Thomas and Van Helsing.
Production: What we know about The Legend of Tarzan?
- Collaborating with Yates behind the scenes, the creative team includes director of photography Henry Braham (“The Golden Compass”), Oscar-winning production designer Stuart Craig (“Dangerous Liaisons,” “The English Patient,” the “Harry Potter” films), editor Mark Day (“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Parts 1 & 2”), and Oscar-nominated costume designer Ruth Myers (“Emma,” “Unknown”).
- The film was shot at Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden, as well as on location around the UK.
- Christoph Waltz will play a Belgian soldier named Captain Rom who attempts to capture Tarzan in exchange for a ransom in diamonds.
- Based on the Edgar Rice Burroughs characther.
- June 2016: The film was in Completed status.
- June 2015: The film was in Post-Production status.
- November 2012: The film was in Development status.
- August 2010: The film was in Announced status.
Principal photography began on June 30, 2014, at Warner Bros. Leavesden Studios in the UK, and wrapped four months later on October 3rd.
Alexander Skarsgard has emerged as the frontrunner to topline the film. A summer start date being planned.
The Legend of Tarzan Release Date: When was the film released?
The Legend of Tarzan was released in 2016 on Friday, July 1, 2016 (Nationwide release). There were 6 other movies released on the same date, including The BFG, The Purge: Election Year and Marauders. 3D/2D; IMAX 3D
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now