Plot: What's the story about?
Francis Ford Coppola's epic masterpiece features Marlon Brando in his Oscar-winning role as the patriarch of the Corleone family.
4.24 / 5 stars (21 users)
Poll: Will you see The Godfather (50th Anniversary)?
Who stars in The Godfather (50th Anniversary): Cast List
Marlon Brando ... Don Vito Corleone
James Caan ... Santino 'Sonny' Corleone
Fast Charlie, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Al Pacino ... Michael Corleone
House of Gucci, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Richard S. Castellano ... Pete Clemenza
Robert Duvall ... Tom Hagen
Hustle, 12 Mighty Orphans
Sterling Hayden ... Capt. Mark McCluskey
Diane Keaton ... Kay Adams
Book Club, Blackbird
Who's making The Godfather (50th Anniversary): Crew List
A look at the The Godfather (50th Anniversary) behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Francis Ford Coppola last directed Youth Without Youth and Tetro. The film's writer Francis Ford Coppola last wrote Youth Without Youth and Megalopolis.
Watch: The Godfather (50th Anniversary) Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about The Godfather (50th Anniversary)?
- Every effort was made to create the finest possible presentation for today’s audiences who can watch the films using technology that has advanced dramatically since 2007 when the last restoration was completed by eminent film historian and preservationist Robert Harris. Using that work as a blueprint, the team spent thousands of hours to ensure that every frame was evaluated to create the most pristine presentation while remaining true to the original look and feel of the films (1/15/2022).
- Over 300 cartons of film were scrutinized to find the best possible resolution for every frame of all three films. Over 4,000 hours were spent repairing film stains, tears, and other anomalies in the negatives. Over 1,000 hours were spent on rigorous color correction to ensure the high dynamic range tools were respectful of the original vision of Coppola and cinematographer Gordon Willis. In addition to the 5.1 audio approved by Walter Murch in 2007, the original mono tracks on he Godfather and The Godfather: Part II have been restored. All work was overseen by Coppola.
- In celebration of the 50th anniversary of Francis Ford Coppola’s Academy Award®-winning* masterwork The Godfather, Paramount Pictures announced today that the film will have a limited theatrical release in Dolby Vision beginning February 25, 2022 exclusively in Dolby Cinema at AMC Theatres in the U.S., as well as in international territories around the world. All three films in the epic trilogy have been meticulously restored under the direction of Coppola and will be made available on 4K Ultra HD for the first time ever on March 22, 2022 (1/15/2022).
- Based on Mario Puxo's best-selling novel.
- December 1972: The film was in Completed status.