After the cataclysmic events in New York with The Avengers, Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier finds Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, living quietly in Washington, D.C. and trying to adj...
U.S. Release DateCaptain America: The Winter Soldier release date was Friday, April 4, 2014. This was a Nationwide in theaters release. 3D/2D
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAPG-13 for intense sequences of violence, gunplay and action throughout
Storylines 5 more
After the cataclysmic events in New York with The Avengers, Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier finds Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, living quietly in Washington, D.C. and trying to adjust to the modern world. But when a S.H.I.E.L.D. colleague comes under attack, Steve becomes embroiled in a web of intrigue that threatens to put the world at risk. Joining forces with the Black Widow, Captain America struggles to expose the ever-widening conspiracy while fighting off professional assassins sent to silence him at every turn. When the full scope of the villainous plot is revealed, Captain America and the Black Widow enlist the help of a new ally, the Falcon. However, they soon find themselves up against an unexpected and formidable enemy—the Winter Soldier.
official plot version from marvel.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- The film will incorporate Ed Brubaker's popular comicbook arc about Bucky Barnes, Cap's sidekick-turned-communist-supersoldier.
- Based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series, first published in 1941.
- At Comic Con 2013, Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors Joe and Anthony Russo said the new movie's tone hails from 1970s political thrillers, such as those Robert Redford starred in, and that it feels like he has "come full circle."
Also Known As
- Captain America 2
- April 2013: Long Beach, California, United States
- May 2013: Cleveland, Ohio, United States
- April 2013: Washington, District of Columbia, United States