Features an unlikely cast of characters who must team up in order to defeat a cosmic force of epic proportions.
U.S. Release DateGuardians of the Galaxy release date was Friday, August 1, 2014. This was a Nationwide in theaters release. 3D/2D
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAPG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and for some language
Storylines 4 more
An American pilot ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants.
modified plot formulation from hollywoodreporter.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Based on the comic book published by Marvel Comics. First written in 1969 by Arnold Drake and penciled by Gene Colan. In the comicbooks, the characters have crossed over into the The Avengers universe, making them fit in easily with Marvel's bigscreen plans to expand the superhero franchise.
- Chris Pratt will play Peter Quill / Star-Lord, who is "the Guardians' leader, who is the offspring of a human mother and an alien father." Zoe Saldana will play skilled assassin Gamora, the green-skinned humanoid who is the last of a species that was exterminated by a race known as the Badoon.
- At San Diego Comic-Con in July 2013, Kevin Feige stated that Thanos would be a part of the film as the "mastermind". Also, footage shown established that the movie will have a totally different tone and attitude than Marvel Studios' other films (Hollywood Reporter, 7/20/13). The word "asshole" is used and Pratt's character gives the camera the finger in shots filled with irreverent humor.
Also Known As
- Untitled Marvel Studios Film
- Full Tilt
- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy