The film will be set in the head of a young girl, Riley, where five emotions - Joy, Anger, Disgust, Fear and Sadness, try to lead the girl through her life. more
Release DateU.S.Inside Out was released on
Friday, June 19, 2015 Nationwide Release
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAPG for mild thematic elements and some action
Storylines 4 more
Growing up can be a bumpy road, and it's no exception for Riley, who is uprooted from her Midwest life when her father starts a new job in San Francisco. Like all of us, Riley is guided by her emotions – Joy (Amy Poehler), Fear (Bill Hader), Anger (Lewis Black), Disgust (Mindy Kaling) and Sadness (Phyllis Smith). The emotions live in Headquarters, the control center inside Riley’s mind, where they help advise her through everyday life. As Riley and her emotions struggle to adjust to a new life in San Francisco, turmoil ensues in Headquarters. Although Joy, Riley's main and most important emotion, tries to keep things positive, the emotions conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house and school.
official plot version from disney.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- At the 2013 Siggraph convention, director Pete Docter told The Hollywood Reporter, "[the story was] one of the most challenging I've ever had to put together", because the film has to tell simultaneously what is happening to the girl and what is happening inside her mind.
- Inside Out has an “A” Cinemascore.
- Disney•Pixar’s Inside Out heads to the top with the biggest opening for an original movie in history, topping the previous No. 1 original movie, Avatar, by more than $13 million, with $90,440,272 million in domestic box office opening weekend. The film opened Friday, June 19.
- The film is the second highest Pixar opening of all time, behind 2010’s Toy Story 3.
Also Known As
- The Untitled Pixar Movie That Takes You Inside the Mind
- The Inside Out