Roland Emmerich Movie Updates
Total Updates: 22
- added Roland Emmerich as director and screenwriter to movie credits of Moonfall
- added Roland Emmerich as director and producer to credits of Midway
- added Roland Emmerich as executive producer to credits of Confluence
- added Roland Emmerich as producer to credits of Stonewall
- added Roland Emmerich as director to credits of Stonewall
- added Roland Emmerich as producer to credits of Maya Lord
- added Roland Emmerich as director to credits of Stargate
- changed the status of Roland Emmerich to Current of Independence Day 3
- changed the status of Roland Emmerich to Current of Independence Day Resurgence
- added Roland Emmerich as director to the film's credits of Emergence
- changed the status of Roland Emmerich to Current of White House Down
- added Roland Emmerich (In Talks) to the credits of White House Down
- changed the status of Roland Emmerich to Formerly In Talks of Asteroids
- added Roland Emmerich to the credits of Singularity
- added Roland Emmerich (In Talks) to the credits of Asteroids
- changed the status of Roland Emmerich to Former of The Zone
- added Roland Emmerich to the credits of The Zone
- added Roland Emmerich (Rumored) to the credits of Independence Day 3
- added Roland Emmerich (Rumored) to the credits of Independence Day Resurgence
Sun., Mar. 15, 2020
Tue., May. 10, 2016
Roland Emmerich has unveiled plans for a movie about 1942’s Battle of the Midway.
Mon., Oct. 19, 2015
Tue., Jun. 3, 2014
Roland Emmerich's gay-rights film Stonewall has added Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Ron Perlman and Joey King to the cast ahead of the start of production.
Sun., May. 4, 2014
Sat., Sep. 7, 2013
Director Roland Emmerich, who co-created “Stargate” with Dean Devlin, says he wants to remake Stargate as a film trilogy.
Sat., Jun. 22, 2013
from 20th Century Fox
Sat., Jun. 8, 2013
Roland Emmerich‘s Centropolis Entertainment has acquired Emergence, a pitch for a large scale contemporary science fiction film by scribe Nic Kelman.
Tue., May. 8, 2012
from Exhibitor Relations
Tue., Apr. 3, 2012
Roland Emmerich is in talks to next direct White House Down, the James Vanderbilt-scripted action drama.
Tue., Sep. 13, 2011
Steve: You’ve been rumored to be attached to Asteroids. Are you doing that? Emmerich: No. Not at all? Emmerich: Nope. I was very honored that they wanted to have me as a director, and I kind of liked the script very much, but at that time I was writing with my writing partner Harold Kloser a new script called Singu...
Wed., Jun. 29, 2011
Studios are buzzing about a new Roland Emmerich science fiction script that puts the filmmaker back in his wheelhouse after he directed the period drama Anonymous. Details are scant, but the script has a working title: Singularity.
Wed., Jun. 8, 2011
from New York Magazine
Vulture hears that Asteroids has just been offered to Emmerich by Universal, which is developing the feature film with Transformers: Dark of the Moon producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura. The script comes from Matt Lopez, best known for writing Disney’s The Race to Witch Mountain (a movie which, for those concerned with verisimilit...
Tue., Nov. 9, 2010
The found footage movie genre has its first victim. The Zone, the low-budget found-footage sci-fi movie that Roland Emmerich was to start shooting next week, has been shut down.
Sat., Oct. 30, 2010
Roland Emmerich, who directed Independence Day and is one of the masters of the modern tentpole, is gearing up to shoot The Zone, a stealth project that is joining the swelling ranks of the “found footage” genre, which purport to be genuine reels, tapes or files found after the person operating the camera expires.
Sun., Aug. 1, 2010
Wed., Mar. 31, 2010
Paul Greengrass, coming off the Iraq War thriller “Green Zone,” is moving into more commercial territory by going on a “Fantastic Voyage.”