The Rivalry Begins.
|In Movie Theaters:||Friday, March 14, 2014 Nationwide |
Released; Now Playing Get Showtimes
|Aaron Paul . . . Tobey Marshall|
Dominic Cooper . . . Dino
|Companies:||Touchstone Pictures & 1 more|
|Rating:||for sequences of reckless street racing, disturbing crash scenes, nudity and crude language.|
The story chronicles a near-impossible cross-country race against time—one that begins as a mission for revenge, but proves to be one of redemption. In a last attempt to save his struggling garage, blue-collar mechanic Tobey Marshall (Aaron Paul)—who with his team skillfully builds and races muscle cars on the side—reluctantly partners with wealthy, arrogant ex-NASCAR driver Dino Brewster (Dominic Cooper). Just as a major sale to car broker Julia Bonet (Imogen Poots) looks like it will save the business, a disastrous, unsanctioned race results in Dino framing Tobey for manslaughter.
Two years later and fresh out of prison, Tobey is set on revenge with plans to take down Dino in the high-stakes De Leon race—the Super Bowl of underground racing. To get there in time, Tobey must run a high-octane, action-packed gauntlet, dodging cops coast-to-coast and dealing with fallout from a dangerous bounty Dino put on his car. With his loyal crew and the surprisingly resourceful Julia as allies, Tobey defies odds at every turn and proves that even in the flashy world of exotic supercars, the underdog can still finish first.
View All Plots (3)official version from DreamWorksStudios.com
Based on the Electronic Arts video game of the same name.
Fright Night actress Imogen Poots will play a savvy exotic car dealer who connects the wealthy with high-end supercars.
DreamWorks has said the movie will be "rooted in the tradition of the great car-culture films of the '70s while being extremely faithful to the spirit of the video game franchise."
Questions & Answers:
4.32 out of 5 stars (57 users) Add Review
Production Updates (48)
- From Sat., June 7, 2014 to Mon., April 16, 2012
- Amazon Sat., June 7, 2014
- added the US soundtrack release date of April 15, 2014
- DreamWorksStudios.com Sun., February 2, 2014
- added Superbowl TV Spot (Extended) to trailers & videos
- added Superbowl TV Spot to trailers & videos
- Filmratings.com Thu., January 23, 2014
- changed the production status to Complete
- set the MPAA rating to PG-13 for sequences of reckless street racing, disturbing crash scenes, nudity and crude language
- DreamWorksStudios.com Fri., December 20, 2013
- added a poster to the gallery
- Dreamworkstudios.com Tue., November 19, 2013
- added photos to the film's gallery
Fifty Shades of Grey Theatrical Trailer
Addicted Theatrical Trailer
Wheels Video Clip
Dinosaur 13 Theatrical Trailer
The One I Love Theatrical Trailer