The film will follow supernatural occurrences that take place in a newly moved family's home in Palo Alto, California. The family consists of four members including Ryan, a game developer, Ryan's wife... more
In Movie Theaters U.S.Friday, October 23, 2015 Nationwide Release
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Rating MPAAR for language and some horror violence
Storylines 2 more
The film will follow supernatural occurrences that take place in a newly moved family's home in Palo Alto, California. The family consists of four members including Ryan, a game developer, Ryan's wife Emily, a stay-at-home mom described as "more serious than her young husband—she's constantly on the go, does yoga, and though loving, has an air of maturity about her", their 6-year old daughter Leila, described as "a fearless, opinionated tomboy", and Ryan's younger brother described as a "less fit, less funky version of his brother". The brothers find tapes of young Katie and Kristi being taught supernatural abilities by their grandmother. Despite the video being filmed 20 years ago, Katie breaks the fourth wall by noticing the brothers' presence. They also find a camera which can see paranormal phenomena that the human eye can't see. With Leila being targeted by supernatural forces, Ryan must find a way to protect his daughter before it is too late.
- The fifth installment in the Paranormal Activity franchise was originally planned for a October 2014 release.
- The film will reportedly follow mysterious hauntings that take place in a newly-moved family.
- Said to be a spin-off instead of a direct sequel.
- This will be Gregory Plotkin's directorial debut. Plotkin served as the editor for the past four Paranormal Activity films.
- According to producer Jason Blum, it will answer all of the questions that the series' mythology has posed up to this point.
- The film will be released in 3D and RealD 3D, the first and only in the Paranormal Activity film series.
Also Known As
- Paranormal Activity 5