As of July 10, 2015
No Poster Available
Erin Gilbert (Wiig) and Abby Bergman (McCarthy) are a pair of unheralded authors who write a book positing that ghosts are real. A few years later, Gilbert lands a prestigious teaching position at Co... more
In Movie Theaters U.S.Friday, July 15, 2016 Nationwide Release
Rating MPAANot Available
Storylines 5 more
Erin Gilbert (Wiig) and Abby Bergman (McCarthy) are a pair of unheralded authors who write a book positing that ghosts are real. A few years later, Gilbert lands a prestigious teaching position at Columbia University, but her book resurfaces and she is laughed out of academia. Gilbert reunites with Bergman and others when ghosts invade Manhattan and try to save the world.
- The Ghostbusters project was announced as a sequel to the 1984 hit, most likely starring members of the original cast. But after the death of Harold Ramis, script editing issues and original director Ivan Reiman pulling out, the sequel was scrapped. An all female cast is planned now (10/8/14, Hollywood Reporter).
- The project is a reboot starring an all-female cast.
- Kristen Wiig plays as Erin Gilbert, a published author on the subject of the paranormal and professor at Columbia University.
- Chris Hemsworth plays Kevin, the Ghostbusters' receptionist.
- Leslie Jones plays as Patty Tolan, an NYC subway worker who stumbles across the main supernatural threat in the film. She becomes a new member of the Ghostbusters team.
Also Known As
- Ghostbusters 3
- Ghostbusters Reboot
- July 2011: Chicago, Illinois, United States