Who's Up For A Close Encounter?
|In Movie Theaters:||Friday, March 18, 2011 in 2,801 theaters|
|On Blu-ray & DVD:||Tuesday, August 9, 2011|
Released; Now Available Buy or Rent Availability
|Companies:||Universal Pictures & 3 more|
|Rating:||for language including sexual references, and some drug use.|
|Runtime:||1 hour, 44 minutes|
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost ("Hot Fuzz," "Shaun of the Dead") reunite for the comedy adventure "Paul" as two sci-fi geeks whose pilgrimage takes them to America's UFO heartland. While there, they accidentally meet an alien who brings them on an insane road trip that alters their universe forever.
For the past 60 years, an alien named Paul (voiced by Seth Rogen) has been hanging out at a top-secret military base. For reasons unknown, the space-traveling smart ass decides to escape the compound and hop on the first vehicle out of town -- a rented RV containing Earthlings Graeme Willy (Pegg) and Clive Collings (Frost).
Chased by federal agents and the fanatical father of a young woman that they accidentally kidnap, Graeme and Clive hatch a fumbling escape plan to return Paul to his mother ship. And as two nerds struggle to help, one little green man might just take his fellow outcasts from misfits to intergalactic heroes.
Questions & Answers:
4.08 out of 5 stars (75 users) Add Review
News & Updates (44)
- From Sat., June 11, 2011 to Sun., October 26, 2008
- Amazon Sat., June 11, 2011
- added the US Blu-ray release date of August 9, 2011
- added the US DVD release date of August 9, 2011
- added the US soundtrack release date of April 5, 2011
- Fandango.com Wed., March 16, 2011
- added a running time of 104 minutes
- YouTube Sat., February 26, 2011
- added Theatrical Trailer #2 to trailers & videos
- Facebook - Facebook - Universal Pictures Michigan Sun., February 6, 2011
- added photos to the gallery
- Movie Insider Thu., January 6, 2011
- added International Trailer to trailers & videos