Sometimes to win, you have to change the game.
Untitled Jeff Bernstein Baseball Project
|In Movie Theaters:||Friday, May 16, 2014 Nationwide|
|On DVD:||Tuesday, September 2, 2014|
Released; Now Available Buy or Rent Availability
|Jon Hamm . . . J.B. Bernstein|
Suraj Sharma . . . Rinku
Aasif Mandvi . . . Aash Shah
Bill Paxton . . . Tom House
|Companies:||Walt Disney Pictures & 4 more|
|Rating:||for mild language and some suggestive content.|
|Runtime:||2 hours, 4 minutes|
In a last ditch effort to save his career as a sports agent, JB Bernstein (Jon Hamm) concocts a scheme to find baseball’s next great pitching ace. Hoping to find a young cricket pitcher he can turn into a Major League Baseball star, JB travels to India to produce a reality show competition called “Million Dollar Arm.” With the help of a cantankerous but eagle-eyed retired baseball scout (Alan Arkin) he discovers Dinesh (played by Madhur Mittal) and Rinku (played by Suraj Sharma), two 18 year old boys who have no idea about playing baseball, yet have a knack for throwing a fastball. Hoping to sign them to major league contracts and make a quick buck, JB brings the boys home to America to train. While the Americans are definitely out of their element in India — the boys, who have never left their rural villages — are equally challenged when they come to the States. As the boys learn the finer points of baseball — JB, with the help of his charming friend Brenda (Lake Bell) — learns valuable life lessons about teamwork, commitment and what it means to be a family.
View All Plots (3)official version from disney.com
Based on the true story of Jeff Bernstein and his discovery of the two Indian teens Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel, who are now signed to major league baseball contracts.
A.R. Rahman (127 Hours, Slumdog Millionaire) is scoring the film.
Questions & Answers:
3.71 out of 5 stars (28 users) Add Review
Production Updates (53)
- From Tue., August 5, 2014 to Sun., November 8, 2009
- Amazon Tue., August 5, 2014
- added the US DVD release date of September 2, 2014
- Walt Disney Studios Sat., May 17, 2014
- added a running time of 124 minutes
- added photos to the film's gallery
- added Video Clip: Journey to trailers & videos
- added Video Clip: Taj Mahal to trailers & videos
- added Dreams Featurette to trailers & videos
- added Video Clip: You Care to trailers & videos
- Internet Movie Poster Awards Sun., April 6, 2014
- added the tagline: "Sometimes to win, you have to change the game."
Pitch Perfect 2 Theatrical Trailer
Inside Out Meet Fear
Cinderella Theatrical Trailer
Mr. Peabody & Sherman Skiing TV Spot
Peanuts Theatrical Trailer