No Poster Available
Pre-Production: Production schedule preparation and planning as of May 16, 2013. Sony Pictures Entertainment has won the exclusive worldwide distribution rights to the film. The 3D film is being developed, produced, and financed by Rovio Entertainment. Have an update? Send it in!
|In Movie Theaters:||Friday, July 1, 2016 Nationwide|
|Companies:||Sony Pictures & 1 more|
A feature-length movie based on the popular downloadable game in which birds try to attack pigs who stole their eggs.
paraphrased formulation from variety.com
Angry Birds is one of the world's biggest entertainment franchises, starting in 2009 with the original mobile game that remains the number one paid app of all time. Angry Birds has expanded rapidly into entertainment, publishing, and licensing to become a beloved international brand. A separate animated Angry Birds television series of 52 episodes will hit multiple devices in 2013.
Angry Birds will mark the directorial debut for both Fergal Reilly and Clay Kaytis. Reilly's credits include those as a storyboard artist on Hotel Transylvania and Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs. Kaytis has worked as an animator on such Disney films as Wreak-It Ralph, Bolt and the upcoming Frozen.
Questions & Answers:
Production Updates (18)
- From Thu., October 10, 2013 to Thu., June 30, 2011
- The Hollywood Reporter Thu., October 10, 2013
- added Clay Kaytis as director to credits
- added Fergal Reilly as director to credits
- Deadline Tue., May 21, 2013
- added Jon Vitti as screenwriter to the film's credits
- Sony Pictures Thu., May 16, 2013
- added a link from facebook.com
- changed the production status to Pre-Production
- added 3d as a genre
- added Sony Pictures as a distributor
- changed the U.S. film release date from TBA 2016 to July 1, 2016
If I Stay Theatrical Trailer
Jersey Boys Theatrical Trailer
X-Men: Days of Future Past Theatrical Trailer #3
Belle Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
Gone Girl Theatrical Teaser