|In Movie Theaters:||Friday, November 21, 2014 Limited |
Released; Now Playing Get Showtimes
|Benedict Cumberbatch . . . Alan Turing|
Keira Knightley . . . Joan Clarke
Charles Dance . . . Commander Denniston
Matthew Goode . . . Hugh Alexander
Mark Strong . . . Stewart Menzies
Tuppence Middleton . . . Helen
|Companies:||The Weinstein Company & 5 more|
A dramatic portrayal of the life and work of one of Britainís most extraordinary unsung heroes, Alan Turing (Benedict Cumberbatch).
The pioneer of modern-day computing, Turing is credited with cracking the German Enigma code and the film is a nail-biting race against time by Turing and his brilliant team at Britainís top-secret code-breaking center, Bletchley Park, during the darkest days of World War II.
Turing, whose contributions and genius significantly shortened the war, saving thousands of lives, was the eventual victim of an unenlightened British Establishment, but his work and legacy live on.
Keira Knightley also stars as Turing's close friend and fellow code-breaker Joan Clarke.
View All Plots (2)official version from filmnation.com
Based on Andrew Hodges' biography/book Alan Turing: The Enigma. The script was on the 2011 Black List.
Questions & Answers:
3.60 out of 5 stars (10 users) Add Review
Production Updates (39)
- From Mon., November 17, 2014 to Sat., October 15, 2011
- Movie Insider Mon., November 17, 2014
- added a poster to the gallery
- added Theatrical Trailer to trailers & videos
- Filmnation.com Sat., June 21, 2014
- added FilmNation Entertainment as a production company
- added a synopsis
- changed the production status to Complete
- Weinsteinco.com Thu., May 1, 2014
- added Tom Goodman-Hill as Sergeant Staehl to credits
- added Allen Leech as John Cairncross to credits
- added Tuppence Middleton as Helen to credits
Strange Magic Theatrical Trailer
Alien Outpost Theatrical Trailer
It Follows Theatrical Trailer
True Story Theatrical Trailer
[REC] 4: Apocalypse Theatrical Trailer