Alice Through the Looking Glass MovieTabs
An all-new spectacular adventure featuring the unforgettable characters from Lewis Carroll’s beloved stories, Alice returns to the whimsical world of Underland and travels back in time to save the Mad Hatter.
U.S. Release DateAlice Through the Looking Glass release date was Friday, May 27, 2016. This was a Nationwide in theaters release. 3D/2D
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAPG for fantasy action/peril and some language
Storylines 3 more
Alice Kingsleigh (Wasikowska) has spent the past few years following in her father’s footsteps and sailing the high seas. Upon her return to London, she comes across a magical looking glass and returns to the fantastical realm of Underland and her friends the White Rabbit (Sheen), Absolem (Rickman), the Cheshire Cat (Fry) and the Mad Hatter (Depp), who is not himself. The Hatter has lost his Muchness, so Mirana (Hathaway) sends Alice on a quest to borrow the Chronosphere, a metallic globe inside the chamber of the Grand Clock which powers all time. Returning to the past, she comes across friends – and enemies – at different points in their lives, and embarks on a perilous race to save the Hatter before time runs out.
official plot version from disney.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Sequel to the 2010 film that starred Mia Wasikowska as Alice and Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter. The 3D film went on to earn $1 billion worldwide.
- Sacha Baron Cohen will play a villainous character named Time.
- Director James Bobin brings his own unique vision to the spectacular world Tim Burton created on screen in 2010.
- Presented in Digital 3D™, Real D 3D and IMAX® 3D.
Also Known As
- Alice in Wonderland 2
- Alice In Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass